• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Catagories specific to manufacturer?

M00NB00TS

Ok, here's an overview of what I'd like to do achieve...

Catalog

* Catagories must be specific to a manufacturer, not global

* A customer may only order from a single manufacturer per order (although can order as many products from as many catagories as they desire)

* Natural workflow: select manufacturer > select catagory > select product (s) > choose attributes > add to basket > (choose more catagories/products) > checkout

Admin

* Access-level accounts so that a manufacturer can add their own (and no-one elses) catagories / products and edit their account infomation

Database

* New relationship between manufacturer and catagories

* Exention of the manufacturer table to include address / telephone numbers and new tables and relationships to store inforamtion such as daily opening times / holidays.

* Customer reviews linked to manufacturer, not product

Am I asking too much.... Anyone tried something similar? I'm not after a definitive answer here, just a little guidance/advice on implementation strategy ;-)

Cheers,

M

• 1 month later...
Ok, here's an overview of what I'd like to do achieve...

Catalog

* Catagories must be specific to a manufacturer, not global

* A customer may only order from a single manufacturer per order (although can order as many products from as many catagories as they desire)

* Natural workflow: select manufacturer > select catagory > select product (s) > choose attributes > add to basket > (choose more catagories/products) > checkout

Admin

* Access-level accounts so that a manufacturer can add their own (and no-one elses) catagories / products and edit their account infomation

Database

* New relationship between manufacturer and catagories

* Exention of the manufacturer table to include address / telephone numbers and new tables and relationships to store inforamtion such as daily opening times / holidays.

* Customer reviews linked to manufacturer, not product

Am I asking too much.... Anyone tried something similar? I'm not after a definitive answer here, just a little guidance/advice on implementation strategy ;-)

Cheers,

M

Download and install the multiple store contribution and it will do just about all you asked for.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,multi+store

questions, email me at [email protected]

Archived