• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic HEADING_TITLE Text

kodiak

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding HEADING_TITLE that I could not find the anser to in the searches. What I would like to do is make so that rather than playing a generic heading for every page I would like it to pick the correct heading for the product category, like Women's Clothing for the womens clothing category. I defined a WOMENS_TITLE in /catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php with the appropriate text and called this out at the second occurence of HEADING_TITLE in /catalog/index.php. So now i get my intro text at the main page of the catalog and then I get the Women's Clothing title on the product pages but it plays that title for all pages.

I believe it needs an if/else statement to decide which title to play for which general product category but I have no idea what how to call out and compare the selected category for the if/else statement.

Anyone have ideas or maybe an easier solution? If you need more visualization you can visit the site at www.me-c.com. Click on the two available product categories and you will see that it plays women's tees as the title for both pages.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Mike

there is a way that this can be done using the breadcrumb trail, just do a search for that aswell and it should throw up something

hth

"because it'll hurt more"- the greatest film of all time?

Billy,

Thanks for the suggestion it got me close enough that I was able to find what I needed. If anyone else is interested there is a contribution that works with the ms release of osc. I am pasting it below since it is a readme.

It works great and much thanks to the author!!

Page Heading Title 1.0

----------------------

Get rid of "Let's See What We Have Here" for SubCategories and

"Categories" for Top-Categories. Replace them with the name of categories or Subcategories name.

In the /catalog/index.php, there are three <?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?>

FOR CATEGORIES, just replace the first one

<?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?>

TO

<?php echo $category['categories_name'] ?>

FOR SUBCATEGORIES, just replace the second

<?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?>

TO

<?php

$category_query1 = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$category1 = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query1);

if ($category1['categories_name'] != "") {echo $category1['categories_name'];} else { echo HEADING_TITLE;}

?>

The third <?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?>

Nothing needed to modify.

Obviously I'm a bit late with my reply but ... I had this in an install.txt I'm writing as part of a META tags mod. Here is that piece in detail for anyone inquiring in the future:

FIND:

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

* REPLACE WITH (address_book_process.php):

<?php echo TITLE . ' - ' . HEADING_TITLE_MODIFY_ENTRY; ?>

* REPLACE WITH (advanced_search.php):

<title><?php echo TITLE . ' - ' . HEADING_TITLE_1; ?></title>

* REPLACE WITH (advanced_search_result.php):

<title><?php echo TITLE . ' - ' . HEADING_TITLE_2; ?></title>

* REPLACE WITH (index.php):

(see Step 03 for changes)

* REPLACE WITH (product_info.php):

(see Step 04 for changes)

* REPLACE WITH (product_reviews.php):

(see Step 06 for changes)

* REPLACE WITH (product_reviews_info.php):

(see Step 07 for changes)

* REPLACE WITH (product_reviews_write.php):

(see Step 08 for changes)

* REPLACE WITH (tell_a_friend.php):

<title><?php echo TITLE . ' - ' . sprintf(HEADING_TITLE, $product_info['products_name']); ?></title>

* REPLACE WITH (all remaining files):

<title><?php echo TITLE . ' - ' . HEADING_TITLE; ?></title>

Archived