• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Heko - rogue guest

andibrad

:( I appear to have a rogue guest on my store, it has been there for the last 2 days accessing most pages, approximately one every 5 minutes.

Can I get rid of it by deleting, and can I prevent it from coming back.

It has made a mess of my stats figures, they are meaningless due to the number of times pages have een accessed.

Has anyone else experienced this before? How is it caused? I suspect by someone using a script of some sort?

Any help greatly appreciated.

:( I appear to have a rogue guest on my store, it has been there for the last 2 days accessing most pages, approximately one every 5 minutes.

Can I get rid of it by deleting, and can I prevent it from coming back.

It has made a mess of my stats figures, they are meaningless due to the number of times pages have een accessed.

Has anyone else experienced this before? How is it caused? I suspect by someone using a script of some sort?

Any help greatly appreciated.

you can block the ip by editing the .htaccess file in the main root. just try googling for 'block ip htaccess' and there should be plenty of articles. =)

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Many thanks FlyingMonkey, I'll check.

Aint sure if it's a Spider or not, the IP of it is 133.9.238.78 at the moment. This looks different to what was on last night. This is almost three days now, surely a Spider wouldn't take that long??

regards to all,

Andi

Archived