• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Just another Tee Shirt Shop

I think I am getting the Hang of this and have done a few modes.

I am a Big Boy (I promise I will not Cry) so Honest Critism is appreciated :wacko: I have not put very many products in it as of yet - I figure the Store Prep is more important.

Terrible Tees

I have it framed in under one of my other sites (Domain Name redirected) and so far I have not noticed any problems from doing it.

Un Framed

Thanks in Advance for taking time to give it a Look

Hi Terry,

Thanks for looking at my site. I took a look at yours.

I really like the graphic header and the colours. I like your different graphics for account, etc. too, different from the OSC Stock version.

Why not change the buttons a bit too, as you've put so much time in by the looks of it ? The OSC blue buttons don't go with the colour of your site IMO.

You shipping and returns page has the Underline wrapping onto two lines though which looks a bit Front-Pagey. ;) Why not use an html horizontal line <hr> , or use CSS and make a thinner line ? :blink:

A lot of people still don't like frames, as they seem to 'restrict' movement. I use tables always and use a template so I don't have to update each page every time. :) Frames also prevent people from bookmarking (adding to favourites) a particular page.

Nice one though. Have you got your merchant account and postage sorted yet ? That's the most tricky bit for me I reckon. Postage is ???. :ph34r: ;)

Cheers,

Paul

I am working on my buttons right now. So I may have diiferent ones (mismatched)until I get them all done.

I will change the Frame thing after I get thru with the Store

Thanks for the Ideas

Here are a few things you may want to consider changing and are only my opinions:

In Shipping and Returns: continues United States. should be contiguous United States.

If you only ship to the above States, why do you have the Currencies and Languages boxes enabled?

On the Privacy page the first sentence needs to be restructured. It is way too long. Also on that page, and elsewhere, you need to change the fonts to set off different parts of the text. The font used for the paragraph title and the paragraph are the same which causes it all to run together. Try making the title of each paragraph one pt larger and only having the title in bold.

The font used for the body text is too large and bolded. It causes the text to appear unformatted and makes it harder to read.

Forget about the framed shop. It will only cause you trouble.

HTH,

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I had serious response time issues with your server when I tried to connect. Does that happen often? That will kill a sale real quick.

My advice comes in two flavors- Pick the one that won't offend you.

Hard and Cynical: How to Make a Horrible osCommerce Site

Warm and Fuzzy: How to Make an Awesome osCommerce Site

No my server is very good--- Start Logic 99% uptime plus I have another place test it randomly www.internetseer.comand it has alway been 100% except one time in the last 3months

This is my last weeks report

http://whitetrashwarehouse.com

Day Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Weekly

Total

Date 06/26 06/27 06/28 06/29 06/30 07/01 07/02

Outages 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Time on error 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00

% Uptime 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0

Connect time 0.11 0.57 0.12 0.13 0.11 0.11 0.11 0.18

Outages- number of times we were unable to access this URL

Time on Error- the total time this URL was not available (hr:min)

% Uptime- the percentage this URL was available for the day

Connect Time- the average time in seconds to connect to this URL

As of now my Store is part of this site and is just framed in with www.terrible-tees.com

Thanks for the Info. I will look into it

Archived