• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installations oops

dslsales

hi, I am new to all this so bear with me. short of the story is I am using successful hosting and have just upgraded to the ecommerce package which uses your product. I installed a database on my site (I went to my control pannel and click the button to create one and it was done and there in 10 min) then I clicked on my oscommerce icon and the installation began. I was not sure what to put in the host box but put my www address. went through the installation and said complete and open the store front with the red messages on top to delete the installation prosses from my server and it had another companys data in it. I played with it and figured out how to add cat and items etc. It was not right and was not connected to my ssl. I got to the point I really messed up and closed out and went back to my control pannel and clicked on the icon again. (at this point I was not sure if that was my real store or just a sample to play with) the installation gave me an error saying database already installed view cataloge, administrate, or delete database. I deleted thinking I could reinstall and get a clean store front. Nope. I went through the install process again found the box to enter my ssl info and completed. got the message everything was ok clik cataloge or administration. when you click on either I get the message can not be found try opening the site www.dallasstagelighting.com(my website). I tried typing in www.dallasstagelighting.com/catalog to see what would happen. I got the first screen of the store but no grapics or pictures and no color the errors were still at the top too (don't know where to go to undo those.) Can anybody help. I talked to my webhosting company but its been 5 hours and no responce. My boss really wanted it working today.

:unsure:

catalog>includes>configure.php

This file is a little messed up you will have to edit it manually and enter the server parameters and database details in there also chnage the chmod setting using ftp after so its secure and also deleted the install folder.

This is not correct for everyone, as my server requires an ip to work, get the required info from your host as to what you are to put.

Archived