• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

question about UK & non UK shipping modules

Hi

I am developing a custom version of OSC for a client to intergrate with their backend office system.

So far so good, I willl hopefully release the custom programming as an addon once complete :)

I have a query about the shipping modules.

this website will sell to :

UK (inc UK VAT) - Via Royal Mail at flat rate of ?5 per order

EU Countries - via TNT Global Express or TNT Economy Express

Rest Of Europe - via TNT Global Express or TNT Economy Express

Rest Of World - via TNT Global Express or TNT Economy Express

I took the option to use zone rates and have made 2 copies of the original zones.php module and all works great

my question is if i log in as a UK customer is there anyway i can only get to see

the option for UK delivery?

also vice versa if i log in as a customer from Italy is there there anyway to not the display the UK zone

I am aware that UK users cannot select the two TNT zone options and non UK users cannot select the UK shipping option however it looks a bit messy and confusing.

Basically im looking for a way to stop the module being listed in checkout shipping if the user cannot select it anyway.

Many thanks for your help guys

Kind Regards,

Kenny

would that not cause problems in the unlikely event that someone from italy wanted their goods shipped to them outside of italy? For example, they are visting a friend in the UK and want the goods delivered there but because they say they're from italy, they'd have no option to ship to the UK.

Maybe I'm just finding problems for the sake of it, who knows?

I actually had a very similar thing happen tho

:)

Edited by pw_cynic

no its a good point you make,

thing there is this a heavily customised OSC and it receives all its data via xml and csv so the customer cant update their address to another country because the address book function has been disabled

thanks