• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders disappearing and no confirmation emails?

woodpecker

Hi folks,

I have the Worldpay contribution installed, payments always come through but on three occasions now I have been unable to find the order and no confirmation emails were sent out.

It leaves me in a situation where I have to email the customer and ask what they ordered, not good.

Can anyone suggest why these orders don't get stored in the database and why no emails go out?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya - I've just been hit with the same problem !

I went to checkout a product on my own card and the message from my browser / the worldpayredirection page is that the page I'm being sent back to has unsecure items (my webpage) and asks me if i want to continue - I click no and nothing happens and basically worlpday has processed the order but no confirmation has been sent back to the site - so no orders processed !

Does anyone know how i can correct this "unsecure items" issue - do I need an SSL connection ? or a secure server ? or is it something less technical ?

Cheers

JB

This too is happening to me. I've just moved to osCommerce after using my own hand-rolled solutions. I had a download section which used to be activated after a successful worldpay transaction. I used to experience the self-same problem then. I had hoped it would vanish with osCommerce, but apparently it won't :(

Interestingly, last night, I was following/stalking a customer when this happened - I could see him via the "Who's Online" log in, check out, come back. Also I saw the Worlpay callback come in as a guest. But no order logged... So there's either something wrong with what the callback says? or is it likely to be MySQL? Failing under load? Neeeding fine tuning?

I'd be really interested to hear of any thoughts...

Ian

An onion a day keeps your friends at bay.

• 4 months later...

Have you checked that your customers are coming back and hitting the 'continue' button once they have entered their details into paypal etc?

That tends to cause a problem, because if they don't hit that continue button, their orders aren't finalised and hence they wouldn't get the confirmation emails, nor would their orders be moved from their shopping carts into the order table.

Have you checked that your customers are coming back and hitting the 'continue' button once they have entered their details into paypal etc?

That tends to cause a problem, because if they don't hit that continue button, their orders aren't finalised and hence they wouldn't get the confirmation emails, nor would their orders be moved from their shopping carts into the order table.

I don't know, it's not actually my shop. I just installed osC and some modules for the client :)

Archived