• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to add new columns ?

PVK

how can i create new colums in the product list page??

I mean some extracolums next to the standard "buy now", "product model" , "price" etc.

I need 2 or 3 new colums where i could place some extra info like the one called "product model"

I have searched the contributions, but i was unable to find some info about how to create new colums.

I am sure the cracks here should know this from the top of their head :D

hi patrick

do you already have the fields in the products or products_description table ?

then it's just a matter of:

- defining a configuration constant to say in which order the new column should be shown

- extending the initial column array (in index.php and advanced_search_result.php)

- extending the case statements in includes/modules/product_listing.php

I believe there is some posting or contribution that spells this out in much more detail, but I haven't gotten the link handy

HTH

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Hello carine, we meet again :) [by the way, did you receive my latest PM?]

eeeuuuhhmmmm, hahaha, well, actually i am not really a pro programmer as you know so this once again showed me how little i know :)

I have to create a what in where by who combined from where? :blink: where my first thoughts after reading your comment, so i hope you or someone else knows the contribution or the detailed approach to handle my request so i can do it step by step.

I am eager to learn and try, but to do this without a guide is a bit out of my league i am afraid :D

Hope someone knows how to tackle this little problem.

Hi Patrick

Let me check my pm's :D, as I switched jobs this week; it's been rather hectic

As for your question:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,product+field

This contribution shows the steps to take to add a completely new field, it covers what you need to do to get it in the product listing.

Carine

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived