• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

does this contribution exist [should be]

PVK

I am wondering if there is a contribution or a way to let the customer choose how many products he/ she wants to be displayed per page instead of me choosing a set amount in the admin .

For instance a dropdown menu which gives the customer a choice if he / she wants to see 25 , 50 or 100 products on 1 page

This should be achieved by means of a dropdown menu on the top of the products listing page .

Hope i have made clear what i mean.

Is there a contribution out there or does soemeone know what code to place in the product _listing.php file.

Thanks

I dont know if there is a contrib but should be easy.

Add the quantity selection box above the buyitnow button and modify this code in application_top.php.

// performed by the 'buy now' button in product listings and review page
     case 'buy_now' :        if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
                               if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
                                 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));
                               } else {
                                 $cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+1);
                               }
                             }
                             tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
                             break;

To:
                                 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));
                               } else {
                                 $cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['quantity']);
                               }
                             }
                             break;

Note +1 is changed to +(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['quantity'] so quatity comes from your new selection box.

Sorry let me revise that a little...

I dont know if there is a contrib but should be easy.

Convert the buyitnow button into a form and add the quantity selection box above the buyitnow button and modify this code in application_top.php.

} else {
                                 $cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+1);
                               }
                             }
                             break;

To:
     case 'buy_now' :        if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                               if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                                 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']));
                               } else {
                                 $cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])+(int)$HTTP_POST_VARS['quantity']);
                               }
                             }
                             break;

Note +1 is changed to +(int)$HTTP_POST_VARS['quantity'] so quantity comes from your new selection box and the post vars come froma the form.

Patrick

Don't try the above code, obviously your question was misunderstood.

The code will add a quantity for the selected product to the cart.

If I understood things correctly, you just want to offer the customer the choice of browsing the product listing by 25/50/100 items per page.

I might be able to offer some help on monday if this isn't solved by then ... you need to create a little form to allow the customer to select this and use the set variable iso MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS in product_listing.php (I'm sure you are familiar with this file by now :D )

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Thanks to the both of you for the help offered, but yes Carine, you did understand correctly what i am after.

It is indeed a service for the customer to offer them a choice of how many products he she wants to see on their screen [someone with a huge 22+ inch screen would want more, but someone with a small sized 13 inch 800 x 600 screen wants to see less, to avoid all the scrolling involved]

If you could find a solution it would be great :P

Could you specify what the different dropdown values should be for the customer to choose from ?

I was thinking if it would be a contribution, to make it a setting in admin, just a comma separated list eg 10,25,50,100, ALL

Evidently, this would take a bit longer, but should be able to get you a hardcoded version for you later today.

I guess ideally you'd also want the customer to retain the last setting used so that with the next visit; the same layout is used. Not sure if I can manage that today, that might be then for a v1.1 release :D

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Hello Carine, well basically, what you said would be great [10,25,50,100, ALL]

but even with 3 options i would be more then happy.

For the part of remembering the latest setting, would be an extra luxury, but to be honest, i wouldn't mind doing without it.It is just a click away to get the settings you want the next time a customer [or me] visits the shop, so don't put any work in that for now.

Maybe if you feel program happy in the future you can upgrade your own contrib :)

Anyway, thanks for the effort already.

Thanks, but this is a mod for images on / or of [which i also will include :)

However, i still want to be able to have a choice how many products per page i want to view , and Carine is already busy coding for me :D

Still thanks for the link ;)

Sorry for reading your post wrong. Try this one.

Add this in index.php around line 260

if (!tep_session_is_registered('page_limit')) {
$page_limit = 10;
tep_session_register('page_limit');
}
if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['page_limit'])) {
$_SESSION['page_limit'] = (int)$HTTP_POST_VARS['page_limit'];
}
$page_limit = $_SESSION['page_limit'];

echo '<td align="center" class="main">Limit' . ' ';
echo tep_draw_form('select_page_limit',  tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))));
$options = array(array('id' => '10', 'text' => '10'),array('id' => '25', 'text' => '25'),array('id' => '50', 'text' => '50'), array('id' => '100', 'text' => '100'), array('id' => '10000', 'text' => 'ALL') );
echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('page_limit', $options, $page_limit, 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
echo '</form></td>' . "\n";

// Get the right image for the top-right

Change the top of includes/modules/products_listing.php

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.products_id');

To:
 $listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, $page_limit, 'p.products_id');

Hi patrick

Similar solutions as daves, except this one also works when using the advanced search consistently.

In includes/application_top.php add

// customer choice display x products per page in product listings
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['choice']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['choice'] != '' ) {
  $choice = $HTTP_GET_VARS['choice'];
  tep_session_register('choice');
}

In includes/modules/product_listing.php

Replace

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.products_id');

With

/* BoF Customer can choose number of products to show on single page */
// Disable old code 
// $listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.products_id');

if (!isset($choice)) $choice = MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS;

define(MAX_DISPLAY_CUSTOMER_CHOICE ,'10, 20, 50, 100'); //alternatively define this in the admin configuration table
 eval('$choices = explode(",", MAX_DISPLAY_CUSTOMER_CHOICE);');
 if (!isset($choices)) $choices = $choice;
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($choices); $i<$n; $i++) {
     $choices_array[] = array('id' => $choices[$i], 'text' => $choices[$i].' ' . TEXT_PRODUCTS);
   }

$customer_choice = tep_draw_form('customer_choice', tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) ), 'get');
 $customer_choice .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('choice', $choices_array, $choice, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');

reset($HTTP_GET_VARS);
 while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_GET_VARS)) {
   if ( ($key != 'choice') && ($key != tep_session_name()) && ($key != 'x') && ($key != 'y') && ($key != 'sort')) {
     $customer_choice .= tep_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);
   } 
 } 
 $customer_choice .= tep_hide_session_id();
 $customer_choice .= '</form>';

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, $choice, 'p.products_id');
 /* EoF Customer choice */

A little further down add the code to display the form, this is the code for the top navigation section, do the same for the bottom navigation if required.

I just included it as an extra row so it aligns with the page numbers.

if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ( (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3') ) ) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- BoF Customer choice -->
 <tr>
   <td colspan="2" align="right" class="smallText"><?php echo  TEXT_SHOW . $customer_choice; ?></td>
 </tr>
<!-- EoF Customer choice -->
 <tr>
   <td class="smallText"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
   <td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>

Add to languages/xx/index.php and languages/xx/advanced_search_result.php (in section with TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS):

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS','Products');

Add to languages/xx/advanced_search_result.php (in section with TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS): (already defined for index.php)

define('TEXT_SHOW','Show:');

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Thanks to the both of you!!!!

My results [i tested them both]

For the one from carine :

I did see the dropdown list when implemented on my site, BUT when i choose 1 of the options it gave me this message on screen :

Call to undefined function:tep_session_register() in home/website/www/shop/includes/application_top on line 28

So this one wasn't working for me [don't have a clue why]

The other one works fine BUT

Choose 10 -> all fine

Choose 20 -> all fine

Choose 25 -> only shows 24

Choose 50 -> only shows 24

Choose 100 -> only 24 again and also for the show all gives a 24 result

DOn't ask me why, it just is.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Patrick

Replace

With

$_SESSION('choice') = $choice;

this should fix the error for you.

In product_listing, if the selection doesn't carry through, you might need to add

$choice = $_SESSION('choice') at the top of the customer choice section, before anything else.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

This is bad coding because I can send any choice I want

}

$choice = (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['choice'];

I will try it later on the day, when i have a bit more time, but for now:

@ User999999999 , i knew you would ask me :)

But i have like 60r so products in one category and 600 or so in others.

I have modiified your code to see what happens if i choose other values and everything goes fine

[when choosing 5, 10, 15, 20 , 21, 22, 23 until i reach the point of 25 and up .Then it just displays 24 and no more]

When i haven't installed the modification, and choose a numebr in the admin for a page [like 75 or whatever] it just works as expected, so i gues the fault shouldn't be there either?

And what dou you mean by bad coding from the modification carine made?

Thanks again

This is bad coding because I can send any choice I want

}

Thanks Dave for pointing this out.

My mind always thinks when I put in an integer, surely an integer must come out of it :P

Patrick, since the HTTP_GET_VARS could contain anything (like a text string for instance), but when you are only expecting an integer, good practice is to ensure it's an integer by putting the (int) in front of it when retrieving.

Otherwise someone who's changing the url parameters manually to some text value would generate error.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I only had MS2 sample data, I will try it on a bigger set of data.

Security is hard to grasp at first but once you learn it then its all good.

$HTTP_GET_VARS['choice'] = 'DeleteAllMyDataAndDeleteAllMyFiles';

}

echo $choice;

echo $_SESSION['choice'];

echo 'Now we are gonna use choice in our sql.

Common mistake but simple fix.

$HTTP_GET_VARS['choice'] = 'DeleteAllMyDataAndDeleteAllMyFiles';

echo $choice;

@ Carine , thanks for the explanation [although i only understand the basic outcome of what you are trying to tell me haha]

however [correct me if i am wrong]

You say :

"Otherwise someone who's changing the url parameters manually to some text value would generate error."

Wouldn't this mean, that someone deliberately would have to do this?

I mean, as far as i can see, you can never get an error since you have to choose from a multiple choice list innit?

This would apply onle to those trying to seek erros or something ????

@user 9999999 , well i don't know what happened, but know it seems to work correct all of a sudden ??? Weird, but cool that it does though hehehe

I have changed th e code a bit to this for some extra choices:

$page_limit = 15;

}

}

echo '<td align="center" class="main">Limit' . ' ';

echo tep_draw_form('select_page_limit', tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))));

$options = array(array('id' => '10', 'text' => '10'),array('id' => '15', 'text' => '15'),array('id' => '20', 'text' => '20'), array('id' => '25', 'text' => '25'), array('id' => '30', 'text' => '30'), array('id' => '35', 'text' => '35'), array('id' => '40', 'text' => '40'), array('id' => '45', 'text' => '45'), array('id' => '50', 'text' => '50'),array('id' => '75', 'text' => '75'),array('id' => '100', 'text' => '100'), array('id' => '10000', 'text' => 'All'), );

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('page_limit', $options, $page_limit, 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');

// Get the right image for the top-right

AT the moment this works as i intended, but carines one has more options am i correct [with the extended search or so??]

I am only using the basic search, so would i be better of with carines [if i get it to work now you changed the code] or can i stick with user999999's version

Oh yeah, by the way.

I am also using fancy split page which comes with a dropdown menu for the pages instead of the predefined set of pages.

In user9999999's version the dropdown menu still works whereas the one from carine made the fancy split's effect dissapear leaving me with the standard set page again.

Don't know if it is usefull information, but maybe it is cool for you to know, as the codewizards you seem t be :D

PS2:

Wouldn it be possible to make the image column dissapear and reappear with a same sort of dropdown list as the ones you created as well? B)

[Read: my friends i give you a new challenge hahahaha :rolleyes: ]

Thanks once again

• 1 year later...

I know this is a bump from way back but my forum/contribution searching didn't turn up anything other than this. So I need to get this to work:

I'm trying to get a dropdown box that would let the user choose between 10,25,50,100, ALL products displayed.

The code that user99999999 wrote seems to do just this.. So I tried it and it works... However I now note that there is another problem with my site that is somehow related. My search/advanced search function is now broken. Well kinda.

It's difficult to explain because I don't totally understand what's happening but I'll try..

If I make the changes from user99999999's code, everything works fine. The dropdown menu lets me choose the values, the page displays the correct number of items, the search function works.. all is well. However if I come back a day later (I'm also trying to configure Paypal modules, though none of them touch the files your code changes) and try a search, then I get the following error:

Products meeting the search criteria  

Warning: Division by zero in /home/pissthem/public_html/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 59
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select distinct p.products_image, m.manufacturers_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p left join manufacturers m using(manufacturers_id), products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and ((pd.products_name like '%matrix%' or p.products_model like '%matrix%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%matrix%') ) order by pd.products_name limit -0, 

[TEP STOP]

When I get this error, it happens everytime I do a search.

If I undo the code changes, the error goes away and the search function works fine again. If I reupload the changes it will also continue to work fine for a day or so as I mentioned above.

I did a search for 1064, etc etc. in these forums and nothing seems to hold the answer.

I really like how this code functions, I just need the searches to work too! :D

Any ideas? suggestions?

Thanks for any/all help in advance!

• 2 years later...
I know this is a bump from way back but my forum/contribution searching didn't turn up anything other than this. So I need to get this to work:

I'm trying to get a dropdown box that would let the user choose between 10,25,50,100, ALL products displayed.

The code that user99999999 wrote seems to do just this.. So I tried it and it works... However I now note that there is another problem with my site that is somehow related. My search/advanced search function is now broken. Well kinda.

It's difficult to explain because I don't totally understand what's happening but I'll try..

If I make the changes from user99999999's code, everything works fine. The dropdown menu lets me choose the values, the page displays the correct number of items, the search function works.. all is well. However if I come back a day later (I'm also trying to configure Paypal modules, though none of them touch the files your code changes) and try a search, then I get the following error:

Products meeting the search criteria  

Warning: Division by zero in /home/pissthem/public_html/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 59
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select distinct p.products_image, m.manufacturers_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p left join manufacturers m using(manufacturers_id), products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and ((pd.products_name like '%matrix%' or p.products_model like '%matrix%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%matrix%') ) order by pd.products_name limit -0,

When I get this error, it happens everytime I do a search.

If I undo the code changes, the error goes away and the search function works fine again. If I reupload the changes it will also continue to work fine for a day or so as I mentioned above.

I did a search for 1064, etc etc. in these forums and nothing seems to hold the answer.

I really like how this code functions, I just need the searches to work too! :D

Any ideas? suggestions?

Thanks for any/all help in advance!

Hi osc N00b,

I'm not a php expert at all but I did alittle playing around and got everything to work by inclucing the following on the product_listing page

$page_limit = $_POST['page_limit'];
if($page_limit == '0'){$page_limit = "10";}
if($page_limit == ''){$page_limit = "10";}

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, $page_limit, 'p.products_id');
[TEP STOP]

and a little mod on the index.php

<?php

$counted =  $listing_split->number_of_rows;

if ($counted < '10') { }else{

$page_limit = 10;
}
}

echo '<td style="padding-left:35px;padding-bottom:7px" align="left" class="smalltext"><small>Products Per Page:</small>' . ' ';
echo tep_draw_form('select_page_limit',  tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))));
$options = array(array('id' => '10', 'text' => '10'),array('id' => '20', 'text' => '20'),array('id' => '30', 'text' => '30'), array('id' => '50', 'text' => '50'), array('id' => '10000', 'text' => 'ALL') );
				   }

?>

Hope that helps...

If anyone has a better solution please post it,, this is as far as I'm concerned a temporary bandaid... Again I'm not very good with php...

Archived