• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

newsdesk1.48b--2 problems: reviews&category box

alibak

Hi, I have just installed the newsdesk 1.48b on one of the latest version of CVS oscommerce dated June 9th 2004. I have two problems:

1. when I go to write reviews, I get an empty page coming up!! nothing shows up when I click on write reviews botton!!

I can read reviews fine!!

Is this possibly because people have to be logged in, in order to write reviews??? why does blank page come up!!

2. when I click on any of the links in the "news Category" box in the right column (the ones that do have article in them), page comes up with NOTHING in the middle, and the left column (looking normal), with right column showing up in the middle of the page of the screen!! it doesn't load the categories!!!

for category box problem, the following link does not work:

http://www.???.com/catalog/newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=10

for the review writing, the following link does not work:

http://www.???.com/catalog/newsdesk_review...p?newsdesk_id=4

Please help. I need to get this going real fast.

thanks very much.

I'd appreciate your help.

It would probably help if people could see what your talking about as the "???" in your URL comes up with a blank page. Try giving an example of what your having a problem with so others can see what your talking about.

the reason I placed "???" instead of actual URL is because I have a home server that is most of the time OFF. So, it would serve no purpose giving a URL and have you guys check an empty page.!

But is there a question that anyone has about my comments regarding my problems with newsdesk installation? I'd gladly give more info. I'm still looking for help, as noone, not even in the newsdesk thread has replied so far!

Thanks.