• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Points/Rewards Module

OK,

We can't get it to work so we can redeem points if we have the credit voucher module installed ... sooooooo

Can we get it to where we can have a report on # of points that can be run at the end of month where we issue a gift certificate to the customer? If we are just running a report and not calling the mod at checkout it won't affect the ability of the gift voucher module to function at check out and if the customer starts to see a really nice balance of points, rather than having them redeemed on an eligible purchase ... it will increase customer loyalty where we can send them increasing gifts.

i.e. " Mr Jones, you have accumulated 9,000 points ... please use gift voucher T3133a on your next purchase for an additional 5% off on your purchase over $50.00. Your next bonus level is at 12,500 points."

Just a thought.

Eric

Rene I installed and followed the directions from everyone in this list and it seems to be working now except for the problems you mentioned...

Biggest problem is the points can be used for any product, not just redemptions.

Also, the points redemption box appears even if the user doesn't have enough points to redeem. 

I don't know enough about php or oscommerce to make a fix, but if anyone has any questions about how I got as far as I did I'll try to help.

-Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love this contribution, and use it stand alone.

There is only one thing, default the points are put on pending, and when a order is shipped and finished I have to manualy confirm the points.

Question is there a way that this can be automaticly.

Besides that I installed this contrib later than the first orders, is there a way that this contrib pics up old already shipped and finnished orders and ad automaticly the points to the customers.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been looking for a contribution to do this for ages. However i see their is a few problems with it so far.

Has anyone got this to work properly yet? The last thing i whant to do is install this contribution and have a headache tryng to get it to work, as im not an expert with coding ETC.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've gone through and followed all of the steps that have been indicated so far, and I still can't get the redemption of the points to work.

What happens is that I can't seem to find the checkbox that everyone is talking about when I go to check out. Anyone fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
I also encountered the same error??

any ideas?

I have experienced the same problem. When i commented the line which uses this function I got error for another one. And when i commented out that one too, I got the same error for a third one. I have discovered that the coding of all these functions is present in the catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_redemptions. I mean they are defined in the wrong place. I don't know in which file of the functions folder these function should be placed but I'm trying my best to figure this out.

If someone knows where to place these functions, do let me please.

One more question is that has any one succeeded in using this contribution flawlessly without installing CCGV contribution? If yes, I would like to know how they made this possible?

Is there any other contribution which rewards points to the customers?

Irfan,

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

We (yes, I speak for us all!) would really appreciate it if someone could let us know whether or not they have this contribution installed and fully working by following the standard install instructions.

Thanks,

Nagsy

All the information that is required to make this reward point system is in this thread. I just set this up for another cart I?m working on today and it took me about 2-3 hours to make it work.

I will recap information and instructions found in this thread that I used to make this reward point mod work. None if this is new so I?m not taking any credit for it, just putting in order of how I make this work. I also don?t really post anything, so please forgive me if this is not how you are supposed to post information.

1. Start with a fresh version of osCommerce.

2. Install Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons (Version 5.10)

3. Install the Rewards Points Module using the directions provided (I didn?t create a category in osCommerce called Redemptions because I wanted all products to be able to be redeemed with the points. More on this below)

4. Download and replace the points_config with this new one: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...704/mirror,pair

5. edit catalog/includes/filenames.php and add the following to it:

define('FILENAME_MY_POINTS', 'mypoints.php');

define('FILENAME_MY_REDEMPTIONS', 'myredemptions.php');

6. edit catalog/accounts.php and below the order history or any other place you want, add the following:

<tr>
      <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
        <tr>
          <td class="main"><b><?php echo MY_POINTS_AND_REDEMPTIONS; ?></b></td>
        </tr>
      </table></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
        <tr class="infoBoxContents">
            <tr>
              <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
              <td width="60"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'account_orders.gif'); ?></td>
              <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
                <tr>
                  <td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_green.gif') . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_POINTS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . VIEW_POINTS . '</a>'; ?></td>
                </tr>

<tr>
                  <td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_green.gif') . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_REDEMPTIONS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . VIEW_REDEMPTIONS . '</a>'; ?></td>
                </tr>
              </table></td>
              <td width="10" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
            </tr>
          </table></td>
        </tr>
      </table></td>
    </tr>

7. To allow points to be used to check out I had to do the following, (also this makes it so you don?t have to create the category in osCommerce called Redemptions)

disabled the checks for the 4 if ($_SESSION['cot_redemptions']) located on lines 39, 92, 103, 176

they used to look like this:

if($_SESSION['cot_redemptions'])

add a ! right before the $ do they look like this:

if (!$_SESSION['cot_redemptions'])

Be sure to change all 4 of them, if you miss even one, the Redeem Points box will not show up.

That?s about it. I?ve got this to work in two different carts, however it will take some time to tweak it to do exactly what you want.

7. To allow points to be used to check out I had to do the following, (also this makes it so you don?t have to create the category in osCommerce called Redemptions)

disabled the checks for the 4 if ($_SESSION['cot_redemptions']) located on lines 39, 92, 103, 176

they used to look like this:

if($_SESSION['cot_redemptions'])

add a ! right before the $ do they look like this:

if (!$_SESSION['cot_redemptions'])

Be sure to change all 4 of them, if you miss even one, the Redeem Points box will not show up.

in the ot_redemptions.php file but in the 103 lines i don't find if($_SESSION['cot_redemptions']) but a $_SESSION['cot_redemptions'] = false;

in the ot_redemptions.php file but in the 103 lines i don't find if($_SESSION['cot_redemptions']) but a $_SESSION['cot_redemptions'] = false;

Sorry, your right, here is line 103 in my ot_redemptions.php file

!$_SESSION['cot_redemptions'] = false;

Sorry, your right, here is line 103 in my ot_redemptions.php file

!$_SESSION['cot_redemptions'] = false;

I've followed all the procedure and it gives me the error as below.

Shopping Cart

1146 - Table 'zizsoft_osc1.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

Please advise!

I've followed all the procedure and it gives me the error as below.

Shopping Cart 

1146 - Table 'zizsoft_osc1.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

Please advise!

I cant tell you exactly what is going wrong as I?m not an expert, but it look to me like this is a problem with the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons, and more specifically it looks like a problem with accessing the data from your database.

When you installed the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons did you remember to update your database with the sql file that is included with the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons contribution?

Bottom line is you need to make sure the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons is working with no errors before trying to install the Rewards Points Module. If you need help with the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons please look in this topic: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52161

I cant tell you exactly what is going wrong as I?m not an expert, but it look to me like this is a problem with the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons, and more specifically it looks like a problem with accessing the data from your database.

When you installed the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons did you remember to update your database with the sql file that is included with the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons contribution?

Bottom line is you need to make sure the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons is working with no errors before trying to install the Rewards Points Module. If you need help with the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons please look in this topic:  http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52161

It really seems hard to me. I just install OSC MS2 and want to add the reward point system. That's all I need. Anyone can help?

Is there an easier way to do so?

I'll appreciate any help!

It really seems hard to me. I just install OSC MS2 and want to add the reward point system. That's all I need. Anyone can help?

Is there an easier way to do so?

I'll appreciate any help!

Ivan,

Other members might not agree with me on this, but I feel after working with this shopping cart for over a year, in many separate installations, this might not be the best ?first modification? for you. There is not a lot of support on this module, and that?s why I?ve posted what I?ve posted here in this topic. If you really want/need this feature in your shopping cart, you can get it working if you follow my previously posted instructions. Keep in mind, you will have a lot of work to do. Just in the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons modification alone you have about 100 files to change. You must install this, and insure that it works with no errors before even starting on the rewards module. This is not a ?Plug n Play? module? there is a LOT of tweaking that you need to do to make it work the way you want.

If your brand new to osCommerce, and working with php in general?. Getting the reward point module will take you a while to do. Unfortunately with open source code it?s going to come down to you to make it work.

If you have more specific questions, post them in this topic and I?ll try to answer them if I can

Ivan,

Other members might not agree with me on this, but I feel after working with this shopping cart for over a year, in many separate installations, this might not be the best ?first modification? for you.  There is not a lot of support on this module, and that?s why I?ve posted what I?ve posted here in this topic. If you really want/need this feature in your shopping cart, you can get it working if you follow my previously posted instructions. Keep in mind, you will have a lot of work to do. Just in the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons modification alone you have about 100 files to change. You must install this, and insure that it works with no errors before even starting on the rewards module. This is not a ?Plug n Play? module? there is a LOT of tweaking that you need to do to make it work the way you want.

If your brand new to osCommerce, and working with php in general?. Getting the reward point module will take you a while to do. Unfortunately with open source code it?s going to come down to you to make it work. 

If you have more specific questions, post them in this topic and I?ll try to answer them if I can

I do need help for that and wondering this way makes sense or not?

Can you create a new OSC MS2 w/ the reward point and what I need to do is to copy those files and database to my OSC MS2? So, I can edit the configure.php in 2 includes folders?

I am willing to pay some amount for the lovely work as I really have no clue to set it up after failing trying.

Can you create a new OSC MS2 w/ the reward point and what I need to do is to copy those files and database to my OSC MS2? So, I can edit the configure.php in 2 includes folders?

I am willing to pay some amount for the lovely work as I really have no clue to set it up after failing trying.

Let me see what I can do for you in the next 24 hours or so... I'm at my day job right now.

Jon

I was setting up fresh cart following my own directions as I posted earlier, and I found that I missed a couple item that I had to do to make the reward point feature work.

In trying to add points to a customers account I was getting the following error:

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /home/httpd/vhosts/XXX.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php on line 304

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/httpd/vhosts/XXX.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php:304) in /home/httpd/vhosts/XXX.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Here is a fix for this problem:

The line in /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php looked like this:

//Points/Rewards module

require("add_points_english.php");

Change to look like this:

//Points/Rewards module

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'add_points_english.php');

Also, I forgot to mention this change that was pointed out by Stephane earlier in this topic. I had to do this to make the check box appear during the checkout process.

In catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_redemptions.php

around line 77-80 in my file look for the following code

if (!(substr($order->products[$i]['model'], 0, 10) == 'REDEMPTION'))
 {
	 return false;
 }

Change to look like this:

if (!(substr($order->products[$i]['model'], 0, 10) == 'REDEMPTION'))
 {
	 return true;
 }

Hope this helps

Ivanso

I created a fresh shopping cart, got the reward points up and running, and saved the entire shopping cart + the mysql data base. You can download the whole thing from the following link:

Shopping Cart with Reward Points installed

There is not really any instructions as how to make this work... I'm assuming you can figure out this on your own.

Hope this helps you out :thumbsup:

Ivanso

I created a fresh shopping cart, got the reward points up and running, and saved the entire shopping cart + the mysql data base. You can download the whole thing from the following link:

There is not really any instructions as how to make this work... I'm assuming you can figure out this on your own.

Hi are you still having the same problem of points being automatically deducted regardless if the customer doesnt have enough or doesnt want to use the points?

Hi.

are there some know problems with the configuration of this module in the order total setting ?

I think there are some bugs in it

For example in includes/modules/order_total/ot_redemptions.php

in the beginning... here are the *REDEMPTIONS* values

function ot_redemptions() {

$this->code = 'ot_redemptions';

$this->title = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_REDEMPTIONS_TITLE;

$this->header = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_REDEMPTIONS_HEADER;

$this->description = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_REDEMPTIONS_DESCRIPTION;

$this->user_prompt = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_REDEMPTIONS_USER_PROMPT;

however in the install function there are totally no *REDEMPTIONS* values but here are *GV* values ?!

function install() {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Display Total', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS', 'true', 'Do you want to display the Gift Voucher value?', '6', '1','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");

I'm I the only one with this problem or are there more people ?

Ivanso

it's working now in my site. thx for lovely work and support.

i appreciate anyone who has helped me on this.

thx once again. u r my hero

Edited by ivanso