• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Points/Rewards Module

This contribution is a module for awarding points to customer per designated amount they spend. You decide how much each point is for awarding and for redemption.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Points/Rewards Module

This module is so you can award points to your customer per assigned amount they spend. The points can then be redeemed at a specified value for specific products. You can mark points as pending, awarded, etc.

You can manually award points and also points can auto-award after a designated number of days. You can also remove points for say order cancellation, return of items, etc.

Looking like a nice mod mate, I see alot of US stores use this kind of thing. Here in the UK not so many do, but I am sure if it works over there it would be a nice addition over here too!

Do you have any demo links to see it in action?

Hi

This is a fine contribution, I have thought about it but in a different angle. we already have available Credit Class contribution and the only thing it is missing is automated credit for certain amounts ordered. So Your contribution would make a difference if it's a part of another contribution.

just my 10 cents

bigg

Magic, thats the story...

http://www.magic.ee/

You are missing this function, most likely in general.php in functions directory:

tep_array_merge

It maybe specified somewhere in the mod, I havent attempted to install it yet as I would like to see it on another working site first... :)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /admin/points_config.php on line 94

Remove tep_ and leave array_merge() only in that line.

For those with tep_array_merge error find the line with tep_array_merge and change it to array_merge or try the new filein the contrinutions area. Just replace the old points_config with the new one.

Edited by bluephoenix

Great idea! There is only a major problem I see with it:

This would work fine, if we had 1 - 10 orders a day. But, it is not suitable if you receive enough orders to run an online shop. Why? Well, consider this:

We have credit cards enable, cash on delivery, money wires, and cash in advance. Due to our large sales volume we have a considerable amount of voided sales and it be virtually impossible to keep track of all orders and points. This could easily be solved if it only awarded the points to orders which reach a certain status (delivery) instead of number of days. Depending on where the money wire is coming from, it varies weeks. Manually deleting the orders which are voided is not possible at all! We would lose more time tracking each sale then it is worth awarding points in return for additional sales.

Can you change the module to award points according to sales status? Makes a lot more sense to me. What do you think?

Hi.

I just installed it on MS1 but when the module is active (set to true) my Coupon module doesnt show up. It only shows 1 credit modules on the checkout_process.php. When I disabled the Point/Reward module, Coupon module showed up again.

Can anyone please help...?

Hello.

Just installed this mod and unfortunately can not get it to work.

The problems I have are:

1. Where does the link to the mypoints.php and myredemptions.php go?

Should they be added to account.php somewhere?

2. I manually added points to a client and went to order a product in the Redemtion category, but do not see my points to be able to redeme the product.

Hi guys.

I can answer my first question. It looks like the instructions are not complete.

In order to let the users see the the points and redemtions, here is what you need to do.

1. edit catalog/includes/filenames.php and add the following to it:

define('FILENAME_MY_POINTS', 'mypoints.php');
 define('FILENAME_MY_REDEMPTIONS', 'myredemptions.php');

2. edit catalog/accounts.php and below the order history or any other place you want, add the folloing:

<tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo MY_POINTS_AND_REDEMPTIONS; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
             <tr>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
               <td width="60"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'account_orders.gif'); ?></td>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
                 <tr>
                   <td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_green.gif') . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_POINTS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . VIEW_POINTS . '</a>'; ?></td>
                 </tr>

<tr>
                   <td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_green.gif') . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_REDEMPTIONS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . VIEW_REDEMPTIONS . '</a>'; ?></td>
                 </tr>
               </table></td>
               <td width="10" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>

3. Edit mypoints.php and myredemptions.php and delete teh instances of the following, or if you want to keep the mouseover effect youwill need to define them somewhere, or elese you will get errors.

onMouseOver="rowOverEffect(this)" onMouseOut="rowOutEffect(this)"

If anyone has a solution for my second question, please let me know.

I have the same problem, I am unable to redeem the points. I added many points to my own account but i cant redeem any of them. I have everything set up correctly. It suppose to show a checkbox to redeem the points but there is nothing.

I have the same problem I can't redeme my points and also I get this eror when trien 2 update(it also doesn't let me any options when I hit edit) Modules>>Order Total> Points redemtion

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/therussi/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 46

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/therussi/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php:46) in /home/therussi/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_credit_account() in /Library/Apache2/htdocs/oscms2/catalog/checkout_process.php on line 192

Is this module depending on the Credit Class System/Contribution?

I also encountered the same error??

any ideas?

I just started uploading all the components for the reward module. I read the readme file, and the install file. I just don't seem to get where to install the database information? In the install file it says MyAdmin.php which I can't find. Can someone please tell me where I should install the database information.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by renesam

Ok, so I'm starting to figure things out (like where my database is) I followed the instruction (I think 100%) and everything looks right, except now I get this error message when I want to edit the point sections:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/renesam/public_html/home/admin/configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

Help. :unsure:

Thanks