• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

duplicate e-mails

Genius

When i receive and order to the administrator i am getting duplicate e-mails. how do i just have it to go to 1 extra e-mail address rather than that extra e-mail coming up twice..

Also is there a way i can BCC some e-mails.

thanks

Do you have it set in the admin/configuration/"send extra order emails to" section?

If you don't want a duplicate, just leave that blank (or at least try a test order doing it that way, just to make sure)

-------------------------------------------------------

I used to be insane, but now I'm just nuts ;)

HI, if i do take that out then i should just get 1 email right, but that goes to the admin e-mail set.. the extra orders e-mail goes to another account... and that's where the duplication of the e-mails are happening..

I've just noticed that when i also fill in the contact us page i get 2 mails too.. :(...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also looking for a cause of this. I have moved from one hosting provider to another and all of a sudden I am getting duplicate emails for everything, orders, contact us etc. My config has not changed (aside from the obvious host specific entries) I would imagine that it would have to be something to do with the platform given that osCommerce has remained the same.

Will post if I find the answer.

:unsure:

I found the solution to this problem for me lied in the mail transport protocol selected in the store configuration.

Try checking or changing the setting in the admin Configuration > E-Mail Options > E-Mail Transport Method

Generally speaking, should be set to sendmail for Unix based system or SMTP for Windows based system but if not working as expected, change it over and see what effect it has.

You should also check that your email configuration in Configuration > My Store > * are in the correct format.

More information:

My previous hosting provider had SMTP on the same host (localhost) despite being a Linux Box. My new server, also a Linux Box apparently only works properly with sendmail and duplicate emails are sent when SMTP is selected. This provider uses separate servers for their email servers so this makes sense.

:D

Archived