• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Same question No answers

pcolley

:( I have been searching for a while. I have found 2 of the same questions with no answers. I have just installed the paypal_ipn 1.7 contribution. When i go to checkout of my store the page links to paypal with the name and address, but nothing showing in the amount. I have also done the resetting of the admin settings.(as per instructions) I am almost complete my website and this is the only thing stopping me. Verrry frustrated now. I tried entering a different paypal address to see if the problem was with paypal but still no amount showed-up. I have all of the sessions settings to true. Tried playing with those. Still didn't work. Any have any answers.

Edited by pcolley

Hi there,

one thing you could try to unistall PayPal in the admin section, and then copy over the original osC paypal module to catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php, reinstall and see if you're still having the same problem.

Incidentally I updated the contrib and it has miracously jumped to v2.0, but requires completly unistalling any earlier version, see the notes, but I would suggest that you do the above test first so as to begin to identify where the problem is occuring. Also check the what values are being posted to PayPal, i.e view the source of the osC confirmation page prior to clicking the confirm button - this is easier to do if you have FireFox and the HTTP headers extension installed.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

I tried what you suggested among other things and they didn't work. I believe I am going to try to install the newer version. I just have one question about the instructions. In the end in the section about "what if I am upgrading from v1.7 or earlier". The second paragragh is talking about old paypal related file redundant... so it be suggested to go through and delete the old files first. "Which Ones?"

Hi there,

delete the catalog/includes/classes/paypal directory.

delete:

catalog/admin/paypal_ipn.php

catalog/admin/paypal_ipn_info.php

catalog/admin/includes/classes/paypal_ipn.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/paypal_ipn.php

the rest should be ok to overwrite with the files of the new contrib version since there name and location will match.

However because you said you was still having problems even when you re-installed the original osCommerce PayPal payment module, I would suggest that you try and resolve whatever issue is causing this based around the original osC version, once this has been solved you would then know that it is ok to install the new contribution. The new contrib's

catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php is merely an revised extension of the original one so doing any upgrade or change I suspect will not immediately solve the original problem if you see what I mean, you can try but this is my line of thought towards this matter.

When you re-install the original osCommerce PayPal payment module, none of the files from the contribution will have an effect on it, so you should basically be starting from square one, you can confirm this because there are alot less fields in the admin->modules->payment->paypal section (i.e. the 3 or 4 original ones).

Are there any other contributions installed on your site that might have some bearing here?

Edited by gregbaboolal

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

:rolleyes: Here is what I have found. A silly little error. In the admin section I have Canadian funds set-up. But for the initials I had CND instead of CAD. I changed that. And the part in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php where it says if default language currency true USD. Changed that to CAD. Set the use default laguage currency to true in the admin section. Now I'm rollin. Thanks for the warning before I tried to upgrade and got dissapointed.

Thanks for posting that bit of information, I would have run into the exact same problem this weekend. Setting up PayPal is on my "todo" list.

Peter

• 2 years later...
:rolleyes: Here is what I have found. A silly little error. In the admin section I have Canadian funds set-up. But for the initials I had CND instead of CAD. I changed that. And the part in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php where it says if default language currency true USD. Changed that to CAD. Set the use default laguage currency to true in the admin section. Now I'm rollin. Thanks for the warning before I tried to upgrade and got dissapointed.

I also had this problem and after hours of searching found your post...thank god. wasnt exactly the same fix but thought it may help

The currency drop down box was set to a second currency so no prices were showing on my site or in pay pay, once I set it to the default currency I had set up in Config currency it worked, two mins work after two days head banging...arghhhhhhhh. thanx a trillion for pointin me in the righ direction!!!!