• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email Problem

phpuser76039

Hello,

I am new to OSC. I have just set it up on my webserver and everything seems to be working fine except the mail option. The site is currently used only for testing purposes, so the checkout process is not yet completed.

When i try to send email from "admin" to the customer account, i get a message that the email has been successfully sent. But the email is never received by the customer account. I have FreeBSD OS.

I would really appreciate if someone could please tell me where im doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Naveen.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is email set for sendmail or smtp?

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Is HTML on or off for email?

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

set html to off and see if email comes through

Silly question but what do you have set in the main configuration panel of the admin for email address?

I'm not sure what your asking? I am having a problem as well, I dont know if its the same thing thats happening to you but this is what my problem is. When a customer emails me thru oscommerce there return path looks like this: Return-path: <[email protected]>. The problem I am having is that I cannot perform a standard email reply to a customer inquiry with a "nobody" return path. Currently I have to search for my customers email address and then type it in the mail to box. I would like to be able to do a quick response email reply to my customer inquires. Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

Falconpilot

Sorry can't help you there as I do not have these folders, but if you can post some code, I could take a look for you.

Hey,

These folders are part of unix operating system. these folders are used for Email setting. Since im not getting any error message, i think there is no problem with the php code. i feel that my email settings are preventing the php code to work properly with mail() function. I am not sure the changes i need make in my Email settings.

Thanks.

do you have any subject extensions on the email sometimes this throws things off as the mail program can be placing the subject extension in then your php may also be trying to add a subject extension, when this happens you get a message stating that the mail is sent however the mail never arrives.

When you send an email normally you place the name of the person you wish to send to in the To: field and then you place the subject in the Subject: field

so if the name was [email protected] and the subject was mail delivery then the mail would go to

[email protected]?subject="mail%20delivery" some scripts have pre defined subject messages that are attached after the recipient name.

If this is the case and you then try to attach a subject to this email this causes an error in the address, however you get a message stating that the mail has been sent, but the recipient does not receive the mail.

A silly question.

What do you have in your admin for send extra emails to address?

When a customer emails me thru oscommerce there return path looks like this: Return-path: <[email protected]>. The problem I am having is that I cannot perform a standard email reply to a customer inquiry with a "nobody" return path. Currently I have to search for my customers email address and then type it in the mail to box. I would like to be able to do a quick response email reply to my customer inquires. Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

I think you posted that back on page two.

falconpilot:

are you talking about customers emailing you through the contact us or some other area

Archived