• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional

zonetown

About the "Product Info Attribute Display Plug-in" I am now getting this message;

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_cfg_pull_down_class_files() in /home/dison99/public_html/secure/testing_site/shopnature/catalog/admin/configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

Here's the defines:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/hooo/public_html/secure/testing_site/shop/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

You are getting the error in /hom/dison99.... but your configuration is pointing to /home/hooo... This can't be good. :-"

I understand about the images, what can I do to temper the problem?

The table structure that wraps the description and product image needs a little more tweaking. It might be as easy as adding a width="100%" to one of the table tags or might be a little more complicated. I probably won't get a chance to play with it until tonight.

You are getting the error in /hom/dison99.... but your configuration is pointing to /home/hooo...  This can't be good.  :-"

The table structure that wraps the description and product image needs a little more tweaking.  It might be as easy as adding a width="100%" to one of the table tags or might be a little more complicated.  I probably won't get a chance to play with it until tonight.

I'm sorry about the define,

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/dison99/public_html/secure/testing_site/shopnature/catalog/');

Thank you again! :blush:

I'm sorry about the define,

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/dison99/public_html/secure/testing_site/shopnature/catalog/');

Thank you again! :blush:

Then it sounds like you don't have the QT Pro 4.0 version of admin/includes/functions/general.php installed under that directory. tep_cfg_pull_down_class_files() was added to that file in QT Pro 4.0

If you do have the right one installed, did you make modifications to it? Is there another error just before this indicating a problem in general.php?

Then it sounds like you don't have the QT Pro 4.0 version of admin/includes/functions/general.php installed under that directory.  tep_cfg_pull_down_class_files() was added to that file in QT Pro 4.0

If you do have the right one installed, did you make modifications to it?  Is there another error just before this indicating a problem in general.php?

Now I feel like an idiot, the only change that I saw on that page was at line 953, I am sorry for the time you wasted on that. :blush:

Just to let you know (or you probably already know) that the Gift Vouchers contribution needs the download to be set to true to ignore shipping cost for the certificate. If set to false shipping is apply to the gift certificate.

I just need to get the images back in the right corner, and I will be perfectly happy!

You did a great job on that contribution, it is great to finally have accurate information?s on our stock.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

I just need to get the images back in the right corner, and I will be perfectly happy!

I was right, I missed a width="100%". Here's the fix.

In catalog/product_info.php find this:

//++++ QT Pro: Begin Changed code
?>
         <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
           <tr>
             <td class="smallText">
<?php
//++++ QT Pro: End Changed Code
?>

Replace it with this:

?>
         <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
           <tr>
             <td class="smallText">
<?php
?>

I was right, I missed a width="100%".  Here's the fix.

In catalog/product_info.php find this:

?>
? ? ? ? ?<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
? ? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="smallText">
<?php
?>

Replace it with this:

?>
? ? ? ? ?<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
? ? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="smallText">
<?php
?>

Bingo!

You?re a hard working man,

I have translated your contribution in French, for my site. I you don't have any objection I could post it in the contributions section. I don?t think that it has been translated yet.

Again many thanks for this great contribution and happy Holidays! :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I am looking for a solution to add quantity tracking for a COMBO of individual products. For example, I sell a combo that can have 4 sets of options added to it. Each option set and its available options are also for sale for individual purchase.

This QTP contrib sounds great but I am not sure it will allow me to link these individual products as options? Will this do that or is there something else that will? The quantity stock check and stock reduction needs to occur for the individual products so that the attributes/options don't need to be manually kept in synch. Any help much appreciated! If there is nothing like this available, how many would be interested in this? I might try to go for it, it sounds like only a few things need to be modified to link to individual products instead of options only.

Thanks!!!

Hi all,

I am looking for a solution to add quantity tracking for a COMBO of individual products.  For example, I sell a combo that can have 4 sets of options added to it.  Each option set and its available options are also for sale for individual purchase.

This QTP contrib sounds great but I am not sure it will allow me to link these individual products as options?  Will this do that or is there something else that will?  The quantity stock check and stock reduction needs to occur for the individual products so that the attributes/options don't need to be manually kept in synch.  Any help much appreciated!  If there is nothing like this available, how many would be interested in this?  I might try to go for it, it sounds like only a few things need to be modified to link to individual products instead of options only.

Thanks!!!

There is a Contribution called Master Products - that might be your solution. Individual products are allowed to be masters or slaves to/for other products.

I have just finished adding QTPRO 4 to a two year old shop MS2.1.

Every thing looks OK and first test are successfull.

I neeed to use some intuition and common sence to put some of the stuff into the right place and after 6 long hours of work it is in place and it is working fine.

Great contribution, Great Code, Great instructions.

Thanks for the contribution.

Hi,

I think that I have found a problem with quantity getting negative.

if you set two attributes as a "dont track stock" and then set them to the same product and have only one in stock.

Add the product TWICE to the cart with different options selected.

This will cause a successfull checkout and stock getting negative.

thanks

Hi,

When in sequenced dropdowns and a stock record exists and it is a quantity of 0 items for multiple attributes product I get the following :

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /sites/shop....com/includes/classes/pad_base.php on line 443

Setting to a single dropdown will solve this error.

thanks

Hi,

I think that I have found a problem with quantity getting negative.

if you set two attributes as a "dont track stock" and then set them to the same product and have only one in stock.

Add the product TWICE to the cart with different options selected.

This will cause a successfull checkout and stock getting negative.

thanks

That is operating correctly. When all options for a product are set to not track stock everything operates like base osCommerce. Its only when you have options that track stock that the product quantity isn't allowed to go negative so that a negative quatinty in one attribute combination can't make the product go out of stock.

Hi,

When in sequenced dropdowns and a stock record exists and it is a quantity of 0 items for multiple attributes product I get the following :

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /sites/shop....com/includes/classes/pad_base.php on line 443

Setting to a single dropdown will solve this error.

thanks

This is the same bug royalfunk found with multiple dropdowns. I posted a fix earlier on this thread. I'll be posting a fixed version with a couple of other minor updates after the holidays.

Hey great people supporting the QTPro contrib. :D I have a question that is not directly related to QTPro but does have some bearing on it. :-"

First of all let me say I love this mod it has really speeded up the development of my site. :D

That said, I still have one problem to face, I know it probably is not a problem meant to be solved by this mod, but I hope i might get some directions/pointers to solving this issue. Maybe it even is solved by QTPro?

I am nearing completion of a clothing store. :thumbsup: I have a pretty standard product_info page, on this page people can see close-ups of the article (including sizes -this is what I needed QTPro for .) Web users being what they are I don't expect them to read my pages very well, so they might have selected the wrong size. :'( That is why I mean to give them the opportunity to change the size on the shopping_cart page.

How might I achieve this? (this = changing option / attribute in shopping_cart)

Any clues / hints / tips / contribs ?

Edited by firfin

Can't think of a signature tight now. But just you wait till I read the next Discworld!

hi

im having some problems with this contribution

i did everything (except add to product_info.php..im in the process of doing that as it is a very heavily modified version) but when i go to stock.php it doesent work

this is how it looks

qtpro.jpg

i dont know what is wrong

hi

im having some problems with this contribution

i did everything (except add to product_info.php..im in the process of doing that as it is a very heavily modified version) but when i go to stock.php it doesent work

It looks like you have not added any options to the product with Track Stock set to yes.

Hi - I have QT 3.1_2 installed and have a question about allowing out of stock attributes to be added to the shopping cart.

QT Pro seems to be set up so that any attribute for which the quanity=0, "Out of Stock" will appear next to the attribute in the drop-down menu on the product info page. For example in my store, I have a t-shirt that comes in small, medium, large and x-large. With QT Pro, each size has its own stock number assigned to it. Large and X-Large currently have a stock of 0, so in the drop down menu on the product info page, "Out of Stock" appears next to Large and X-Large. I think it's great to notify the customer up front of a product being of out stock, but what I don't like is that the customer is still allowed to add this out of stock product (in my case a Large or X-Large t-shirt) to their cart.

I have the allow checkout=false in configuration so that checkout is not allowed and they can't actually purchase the item, but the way that the customer is prevented from checking out is confusing - they are sent into a loop between the shopping_cart.php page and the checkout_shipping.php page that I think is confusing.

Is there a way to set it up so that products with attributes that are out of stock are not allowed to be added to the cart?

Or...

I also have some products in my shop that have no attributes associated with them and when a customer adds one of these products to their cart and the quantity=0, they get the message on the shopping_cart.php page that states "Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock. Please alter the quantity of products marked with (***), Thank you"

Could a similar message be set up so that when a customer adds a product with an attribute that has a quantity=0 to their cart (in my case if they add a Large or X-Large t-shirt to their cart), they will have a clear notification of why they can't proceed with checkout?

Thanks...

Is there a way to set it up so that products with attributes that are out of stock are not allowed to be added to the cart?

The ability to prevent add to cart was added in QT Pro 4.0

I also have some products in my shop that have no attributes associated with them and when a customer adds one of these products to their cart and the quantity=0, they get the message on the shopping_cart.php page that states "Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock. Please alter the quantity of products marked with (***), Thank you"

Could a similar message be set up so that when a customer adds a product with an attribute that has a quantity=0 to their cart (in my case if they add a Large or X-Large t-shirt to their cart), they will have a clear notification of why they can't proceed with checkout?

QT Pro 3.1 does this. Make sure you have the correct catalog/shopping_cart.php

I'd gladly support (with US$) the development of a merged contrib, option type feature + qtpro4 (and perhaps static options too - just to bee feature complete smile.gif (any other mods that fit in with these?

perhaps others with the same need can come forward and say if you need anything other than this - and we could collect a bunch of $ to pay to any dev who has the time and php/osc-experience to do this. in QTpro 4, the dev(ralph) has already written how we would propose it should be implemented - and he has changed qtpro to use plugins - so one could write plugins for option type feature.. perhaps he'd even be interested in this job..

I'd gladly support (with US$) the development of a merged contrib, option type feature + qtpro4 (and perhaps static options too - just to bee feature complete smile.gif (any other mods that fit in with these?

perhaps others with the same need can come forward and say if you need anything other than this - and we could collect a bunch of $ to pay to any dev who has the time and php/osc-experience to do this. in QTpro 4, the dev(ralph) has already written how we would propose it should be implemented - and he has changed qtpro to use plugins - so one could write plugins for option type feature.. perhaps he'd even be interested in this job..

Thanks for the offer, but for me money isn't the issue its time. From me, you are more likely to see Attribute Sorter/Copier integrated sooner than Option Type as I have mostly done it for a loaded version of osCommerce I'll be using. Though I'll probably get around to integrating Option Type. Right now, getting the business aspects of my wife's store sorted out is my biggest priority.