• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pricing- Flash variables sent to the checkout page.

chris Parry

I have searched the forums but have not found a solution as yet.

I sell rings. There are four basic variables.

Metal - silver, gold, platinum

Ring size - H, H1/2, I, I1/2.....

Ring width - 2mm, 3mm ....

diamond size - 0.10ct, 0..11ct, 0.12ct....

Each variable has its own value which , when used in a formula dynamically creates the price. (I actually have quite a complicated formula on my flash site, which takes the ((current metal price, x ring size, x ring width, x metal density )+ diamond+other overheads+credit card fees+VAt+)xprofit margin

I can get this to work in flash no problem. (You can see it in action here www.chris-parry.co.uk)

I would like to use my flash drop down menus (so insert a flash file) into the product page. Then have the selected details transfer onto the "Cart" page.

So I am self taught and understand flash actionscript and can get this all to work within flash, but I don't know how to go about getting this info to interact with OSC. I know very little about html, java etc......

Your help would be tremendously appreciated, even if it is ....can't be done. I just find the limitations of the product attributes quite annoying and want to create a simple method for my customers to use.

Chris

You might find this informative or useful:

Pass osCommerce session IDs into Flash

If you can pass the session ID I'm sure you can pass other variables as well.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived