• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

special price for each size

lizaa

Hello,

I'm developing rugs website and i want to put special price for each size,

each rug has different sizes and i want to add special price for one size or two as it takes.

How can i do that? Is there any contribution doing the same thing?

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm developing rugs website and i want to put special price for each size,

each rug has different sizes and i want to add special price for one size or two as it takes.

How can i do that? Is there any contribution doing the same thing?

Thanks.

Maybe I misunderstand what it is you are trying to accomplish, but you should be able to utilize product attributes in the admin panel.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Thanks Jim for the quick replay

I want to add special price for each size independently of the product and show these sizes with their discount prices on the product information page

example:

product1

size 100X200 price:300 special:250

size 200X300 price:500 special:400

and so on..

I don't know how can i utilize this on the special pages on the admin, If you know please guide me.

Thanks.

Hi Liza,

I'm pretty sure what you are trying to do is the same as I tried here - ¼ oz bottle discount::

Instead of quantity you would just replace it with a size.

Step 1: First you'll need to enter one product version (the cheapest) in your admin catalog.

So for example let's say you will have three different sizes of four different rugs (products 1 thru 4).

So add product1 selling price, product2 selling price, etc...

For our example let's pretend each of the four products would be something like this - size 50X100 price: $100

Now go to your Admin Panel > Catalog > Products Attributes

Step 2: The first thing you'll need to do is give the attribute a name. What will be displayed on the web page.

step1wp9.gif

Step 3: This would be where you will add the rug size and special price as seen in the pull down menu. Example: Size: 100x200 $250

step2lz6.gif

Step 4: Now the little tricky part, time to do some math LOL. For each attribute (size) you take the price you want to sell that for and subtract the original product price that you added in step 1. The answer is what you add to box 4. So for example, you added in the product catalog in step 1 - 50X100 price: $100. You'll take $250 minus $100 equals $150 which you will add in box 4 for the size: 100x200 attribute. Then again take $400 minus $100 equals $300 which you add in box 4 for attribute size:200x300.

step3sv2.gif

Scroll thru box 1 to find your previously entered products.

Hope that helps! :)

Hi Jim,

Thnks for you help, But actually i don't understand, i tried to do what you say but no use.

I want each specal price for each size to be the same appearance as the original size of the product

I don't know if your method will give me that, all i see is an empty dropdownlist for the new option

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Liza,

Sorry I have been missing for awhile, been out of town.

Hi Jim,

I want each specal price for each size to be the same appearance as the original size of the product

?? :huh:

I'm not really sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish... :blush:

Do you want each size to be the same price?

You can create attributes however you wish them to be.

First you have to add the so-called "original size" product to your catalog so that you will have a base product to chose for the attributes in Step 4, box 1. Once you have the original product(s) listed in the catalog you can proceed with the previous steps I listed.

I don't know if your method will give me that, all i see is an empty dropdownlist for the new option

If you are refering to Step 2 box 2, you create (type) whatever you want it to say and then click insert.

Archived