• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Confirm order" leads to Paypal login page

using Paypal Websites payment Standard, configured Paypal Standard module that came with oscommerce, cart seems to work ok except when checking out- once i click the "Confirm Order" button I'm redirected to the Login page at the Paypal website instead of it processing the payment and completing the order. It just sits there waiting to be logged-in. I'm no expert developer but i've done a few successful osc sites, but never with paypal standard. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ummm, if you choose to pay via PayPal then yes, you must go to the PayPal website to complete the payment.

You can either "log in" to your PayPal account or you can choose the "pay without account" option. Either way, in order to complete the payment using the PayPal option, you must USE PayPal. Have you never used PayPal before?

Blessings,

K

Ummm, if you choose to pay via PayPal then yes, you must go to the PayPal website to complete the payment.

You can either "log in" to your PayPal account or you can choose the "pay without account" option. Either way, in order to complete the payment using the PayPal option, you must USE PayPal. Have you never used PayPal before?

Blessings,

K

Thank you for the reply- something is not making sense to me here- i put together an oscommerce site to sell products for my client- when people visit the site they will buy products- Paypal is supposed to accept their payment, not ask them to log in- this paypal account is not to buy things with- it's to accept payments for items purchased through the oscommerce site- if people from all over the web come to this site to purchase things, when checking out , it shouldn't ask them for a paypal account, it should accept payment and deposit into my paypal account. When I had my client sign up with paypal it was "To accept payments on a website". My client is the seller, we are doing ecommerce- When i buy something on the web, let's say amazon or something, I'm not prompted to login to a paypal account. I'm usually redirected to a secure place to enter my CC info and that's it. I don't see anywhere in the Paypal setup for "accept payment from people without paypal accounts"- what am i missing- thanks for any help, i greatly appreciate it.

1. Loginto www.paypal.com and make sure that account optional is set to true.

2. Next time when trying clear your browser cache and cookies before trying the checkout...WHY..if paypal register your browser having a paypal cookie it will assume that you are a previous paypal member and show you the login.....

1. Loginto www.paypal.com and make sure that account optional is set to true.

2. Next time when trying clear your browser cache and cookies before trying the checkout...WHY..if paypal register your browser having a paypal cookie it will assume that you are a previous paypal member and show you the login.....

Thank You very much for that info- I'm in the paypal account now and cannot see anywhere to check off "Account Optional". I'm looking at "My Account" tab and "Merchant Services" tab- I'll keep looking- I had my client add "Paypal Websites Payment Standard" to his Paypal personal account that he's had for a few years, when i log into paypal it shows that, but also says "Type of Account: Personal" - does it need to be "Business" to have that "Account Optional" feature?

pp.jpg

and the Merchant Tab

merch.jpg

Edited by frankthefixer

Thank You very much for that info- I'm in the paypal account now and cannot see anywhere to check off "Account Optional". I'm looking at "My Account" tab and "Merchant Services" tab- I'll keep looking- I had my client add "Paypal Websites Payment Standard" to his Paypal personal account that he's had for a few years, when i log into paypal it shows that, but also says "Type of Account: Personal" - does it need to be "Business" to have that "Account Optional" feature?

You may need to upgrade to a business account. If you want to accept credit cards through PP you MUST have a business account.

Click on the "Profile" link. Then look in the right hand list of options for the one that says "Website Payment Prefrences" click on it. Then scroll down to the option you are seeking.

Blessings,

K

BTW, there is no way to use PayPal without USING the PayPal site. Even if you use the Account Optional option, the customer will still be directed to PayPal to enter the information. You cannot get around this with PayPal.

If you want to accept CC without using PayPal, you need a merchant account with a bank or merchant service provider, but almost every small business website uses another site to process the payment whether it is PayPal, WorldPay, 2CO or something else.

Amazon is a HUGE company, they have a merchant account and LOTS of IT people to set everything up to run behind the scenes. I doubt your customer has those kinds of resources. I don't think you will find a way to do this without the customer being redirected to and from a secondary site without opening a merchant account and going through a ton of other security set ups.

Good luck!

K

BTW, there is no way to use PayPal without USING the PayPal site. Even if you use the Account Optional option, the customer will still be directed to PayPal to enter the information. You cannot get around this with PayPal.

If you want to accept CC without using PayPal, you need a merchant account with a bank or merchant service provider, but almost every small business website uses another site to process the payment whether it is PayPal, WorldPay, 2CO or something else.

Amazon is a HUGE company, they have a merchant account and LOTS of IT people to set everything up to run behind the scenes. I doubt your customer has those kinds of resources. I don't think you will find a way to do this without the customer being redirected to and from a secondary site without opening a merchant account and going through a ton of other security set ups.

Good luck!

K

thanks both- it seems my client never upgraded his paypal from personal to a business account- he just signed up for Web payment standard- i just had him upgrade it and it's at Premier now- so i'm going to try again- from a different computer in my setup - thanks nick for pointing out possible browser cache issues-

also never meant for amazon as a direct example, just as an example of payment process flow, i don't mind if the customers end up putting their cc# info at [paypal- as long as they don't hit a cryptic login screen when transfered to process payment- just shipping info, pay, and move on. -thanks both again ..gonna try it out now

yeah, it's going through to paypal for checkout now- great. many thanks to all-

though for some strange reason paypal see's fit to put my clients personal email address in big bold at the top of the checkout screen, no big deal though, i'll have him reassign his paypal email/login to one from the stores domain- thanks again - all cool now-

Edited by frankthefixer

yeah, it's going through to paypal for checkout now- great. many thanks to all-

though for some strange reason paypal see's fit to put my clients personal email address in big bold at the top of the checkout screen, no big deal though, i'll have him reassign his paypal email/login to one from the stores domain- thanks again - all cool now-

Have him add a business email and then make it the Primary address for PayPal. He can still log in to PP with his personal email address but customers will only see the business email. He will need to make sure it is an email address he checks regularly because if it is Primary, all mail from PP will be sent to that address.

Good luck!

K

Have him add a business email and then make it the Primary address for PayPal. He can still log in to PP with his personal email address but customers will only see the business email. He will need to make sure it is an email address he checks regularly because if it is Primary, all mail from PP will be sent to that address.

Good luck!

K

that's exactly what i did- thanks again

Not entirely correct if you are in the US or UK you can get a PayPal Pro account, this lets you process payments on your site while the processing goes on "invisible" in the background. (Note: this also comes with monthly fees +++)

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I am having the same trouble, confirm order goes to paypal login page. I have a paypal business account and i have set the account optional to true.

I have searched google and could not solve the issue.

Please help.

Thanks

Aarthi

Clear your browser cache and cookies and try again....PayPal will show the login if a PayPal cookie (which tells paypal that you already have a PayPal account) is in your browser.