• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO URLs ver 2.2 update for Links Manager compatability

ddp

Hi all

I have been trying to get the new version of Ultimate SEO 2.2 URLs working. This version includes the links manager contribution.

It can be downloaded here

I uploaded the new seo.class.php file and then needed to update the .htaccess

However I could not find the appropriate entry to be added to the .htaccess file. Does not seem to be in the documentation.

I took a guess but it does not work.

I added:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-l-(.*).html$ links.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I guess this must be wrong.

Anybody know the right line to add to the .htaccess?

Am I right that this was not included in the documentation?

Edited by ddp

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

There have been a lot of problems posted regarding Links Manager since that was released. Since the author didn't bother to include changes he made and has not responded to support questions, I would question it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

There have been a lot of problems posted regarding Links Manager since that was released. Since the author didn't bother to include changes he made and has not responded to support questions, I would question it.

Jack

thanks for your reply.

My question is not about the links manager it is about the SEO url ver 2.2. My links manager contribution is working fine.

I need to update the .htaccess file to include the link.php files to be rewitten by Ulitimate SEO url

I added:

but that is not right.

Anybody got SEO Urls working with the link manager?

My installation is generating the correct .html urls but the required rewriterule statement to include the links.php file is missing.

Edited by ddp

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

I found the answer.

Someone else posted their .htaccess file answering another post and I found the code I needed.

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Needed to be added.

Links.php pages are now being rewritten to .html pages.

Edited by ddp

You did do a backup? eh?

thanks for your reply.

My question is not about the links manager it is about the SEO url ver 2.2. My links manager contribution is working fine.

I need to update the .htaccess file to include the link.php files to be rewitten by Ulitimate SEO url

I added:

but that is not right.

Anybody got SEO Urls working with the link manager?

My installation is generating the correct .html urls but the required rewriterule statement to include the links.php file is missing.

I know. There was an update to both contributions by the same person for the same reason. I assumed that is what you were using.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons