• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help customizing

rightminddesigns

I am in need of a little help, and am sure that what I am looking to do is not too difficult. However, I have spent the last 5 days digging around these forums and keep making 2 steps forward and 1 step back. I have promised a client that they would see their site looking like it is supposed to by today. So, I thought I would ask for some help since I am running out of time.

First, about my install: Default except for STS Plus and Wolfen Feature Sets. You can see what the store looks like here: Current store.

Can osCommerce run from the root directory? From what I have seen, I think it can. But I want to verify.

Infobox: I need to remove the arrow in the header, and the outline around the box.

Add to Cart & More Details buttons: How do I change these?

What's New: Should be featured items that are assigned by admin. Any suggestions on which Contribution to use to do this?

Main Content: Need to remove all the text above the New Products. I had done this at one point, but when I started over to add the STS Plus (which is a WONDERFUL Contribution, btw) it came back and now I can't remember how I took it out in the first pace...and can't find the thread where I had gotten the instructions! :blush:

New Products: Need to remove outline around the box. And they are labelled as Best Sellers but actually they need to manually be assigned by the Admin. This is what I think the Wolfen Featured Sets is for, but I can't seem to get it to display with the 9 products like the New Products does.

Category page: Needs to be 3 columns with a category image in the middle and the category's products in the right column. There is actually no need for a Product Detail page in this cart because of the way the design was created (not by me) and the way shopping carts work.

Here are some screenshots of what I am trying to replicate. Any help would be appreciated!

Home page:

index2.gif

Category page:

details.gif

I found an answer to one of my questions on osCDox.com, for anyone else who comes across this posting.

To remove the header for the info boxes:

Open ./includes/classes/boxes.php

Inside the code, you will find this class definition

class infoBoxHeading extends tableBox {

Go at the end of the class definition and edit this line

$this->tableBox($info_box_contents, true);

Replace it with

$this->tableBox($info_box_contents, false);

Hope it helps someone else! :thumbsup:

I am still working on my other issues...anyone with any suggestions?

I was able to remove the box borders by changing the width of the boxes in /catalog/includes/application_top.php. On about line 58, I changed the width from 125 to 100:

// customization for the design layout
 define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

Why this worked, I don't know...but it did. :)

I was able to remove the box borders by changing the width of the boxes in /catalog/includes/application_top.php. On about line 58, I changed the width from 125 to 100:

// customization for the design layout
 define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

Why this worked, I don't know...but it did. :)

ok...so I this didn't really work. I had actually made the change in my stylesheet 30 minutes prior, but for some reason it was being cached and I didn't see the change right away. The correct way is to edit your stylesheet.css and change .infoboxHeader.

Still needing help with the other stuff....

• 2 weeks later...
(.. )

Infobox: I need to remove the arrow in the header, and the outline around the box.

(.. )

Hi..

This was my first step:

$this->tableBox($info_box_contents, true);

Replace it with

$this->tableBox($info_box_contents, false);

then i overwrite the gif?s with a blank.gif.. :rolleyes:

Maybe not clean coding.. but itz worx..! :D

Wow - I'm impressed that your site really doesn't look "osC-like"

You did that all with STS ? or the new sts+4 ?

I'm having trouble getting my download contribution to work with STS ?

ANy ideas ?

See:

http://3cgraphics.com/store/product_info.p...2&products_id=2

scroll all the way down - the layout still isn't right ... but I might have to abandon it if I can't get downlod to work.

Donna

Archived