• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

boxes wont show in right column!!!

I did my first intall with 6 Jun 2005 - Header Tags Controller v2.4.9 Complete I did everything in the admin section and it is working fine! I did the autoinstall, the one that came with it and it worked. I upped teh catalog section too. Everything seems to work except for teh righ column boxes! They seem to disappear 1 by 1 kind of. well i included some pictures below for a visual. If you want you can check it out at my site http://www.utmostgifts.com Count the boxes on the right column front page has 5 then click a category on the left 1 box on the right column disapear, now click a produt, only 1 box remain.

Front page all 5 boxes show on the right column.

boxes1.gif

I clicked a category ie: Animals, 1 box on right column disapears (Bestsellers box)

boxes2.gif

Now I click on the product (Monkeys Playing Card Game) all boxes disapear except 1 which is the shopping cart box!! so 4 boxes has disappear

boxes3.gif

Now I clicked the add to cart button, :o NOW ALL 5 BOXES ARE THERE!!!

:o

boxes4.gif

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?????? I KNOW I DIDNT EDIT THE right_column.php file.....

Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

oh if this can be a help this is my column_right.php located in includes/

this is what i had before i installed HTC and it was fine then...

<?php
/*
 $Id: column_right.php,v 1.17 2003/06/09 22:06:41 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturer_info.php');

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'order_history.php');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
   if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
     $check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and global_product_notifications = '1'");
     $check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);
     if ($check['count'] > 0) {
       include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'best_sellers.php');
     } else {
       include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'product_notifications.php');
     }
   } else {
     include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'product_notifications.php');
   }
 } else {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'best_sellers.php');
 }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
   if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tell_a_friend.php');
 } else {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'specials.php');
 }

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'reviews.php');
   if ($request_type == NONSSL) {   /* only show adsense in NON SSL else it causes warning */
    include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'resources.php');
 }

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 8) != 'checkout') {
   (DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');
   (DIR_WS_BOXES . 'currencies.php');
 }
?>

THANKS

Header Tags has nothing at all do to with the right column. The only thing I can think of is that the code was damaged when the changes made to for Header Tags was added somehow. If you can make a box disappear consistently (click on a link and box disappears, then click on some other link and it comes back, then click on the first and it disappears again), then notice which page is at fault (it will be in the url and replace that file with your backup. If it stops failing, then compare the two files to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons