• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Anyone meet offline?

I have recently meet up with one boy from this forum, and now we are quite close..... :blush:

Have anyone else meet up in real life?

If so, have you found what?

Friends?

Lovers?

Partners?

Enemies?

Ubnoxious persons?

Nerds?

Cool people?

Any other terminology you would care to add?

Please add your expirience!!!!!!!!

:D :lol: :D

Hi Jenny,

If you have time to meet people from this forum offline then I would presume that your store is not getting much work put in to it?

And now for the male chauvinist line 'Instead of a boy would you like a man??'

That line will probably get me in loads of trouble from the feminists on here, but what the hell!

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

I have no idea where anyone is from on this board for the most part, maybe a general one, but that is what is nice about the net :)... I live in a pretty remote area so human interaction is generaly only with family or old friends on the phone.

I am 44 and trying to get my 3 children off to a good start in life, my only real break from work is lifting weights in my basement, I have my max bench press at 240 right now, was near 300 about a year ago but took 6 months off to rest a back muscle that was giving me hell :( .

But to Mark's point, I work a full time job from a home office and do this on the side for just about as many hours a day so it is hard to meet anyone :)...

But glad to hear some people do meet from the board. I would love to meet some in my area to talk over lunch or dinner about this whole ecom thing once in a while, but I do not think I would find many if any.

wow, that turned into a book :).. sorry...

Go Wendy!, good to hear success these days meeting teh right people....

The way of life, and the way we work for you.

If you have time to meet people from this forum offline then I would presume that your store is not getting much work put in to it?

I am lucky, i have someone to help me now, and this has given us both a lot of extra free time to pursue offline activities :D :lol: :D

Nice one, Wendy :thumbsup:

Hi Poorman, 3 kids woowwww, i guess you will get more time free for friends as your shop turns into a big sucess, then you can hire someone to do the grunt work :D

The internet is a great place to get to know someone. Not only did I meet my husband (almost to our 7 yr yay! lol) but my sister met her live in online and they have been together ike 10 years ago and 3 years ago my brother married a woman he met online. So many of the people I talk to online have met and married (or moved in with) someone they met online.

I used to chat on Prodigy and we had huge get togehters all the time and have done it a few times with people from AOL It was a blast getting together with people you talk to all the time.

If anyone is in Alabama give me a shout. LOL =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Hi Poorman, 3 kids woowwww, i guess you will get more time free for friends as your shop turns into a big sucess, then you can hire someone to do the grunt work

Yeah, good thing I talked the wife out of her original plan of six she wanted :),

But that is my dream to have this be a success, but I really do not see that being the case. I never was a good salesman.. But I have worked as many as three jobs at a time so I am use to long days...maybe I'll get lucky and find the right itmes to sell :)...take care....

maybe I'll get lucky and find the right itmes to sell

Hi Poorman, here is a small tip regarding product choice...

You can use ebay as a testing ground for your product selection.

Choose a representative cross section of the merchandise you want to offer on your website , post the items at ebay

If you can sell them there at a profit it stands to reason that you should be able to sell them on your site as well.

If you can not sell them there, or can sell them but at a loss, then it might be a good time to reconsider your choice of product offerings.

Word of warning, not to be followed blindly..its not a foolproof metode... :D

Hi Poorman, here is a small tip regarding product choice...

You can use ebay as a testing ground for your product selection.

Choose a representative cross section of the merchandise you want to offer on your website , post the items at ebay

If you can sell them there at a profit it stands to reason that you should be able to sell them on your site as well.

If you can not sell them there, or can sell them but at a loss, then it might be a good time to reconsider your choice of product offerings.

Word of warning, not to be followed blindly..its not a foolproof metode... :D

This method really depends on the type of product. Buyers on ebay are expecting to pay substantially less than retail as a rule. So if setting up a shop to sell at or near retail ebay might not be such an accurate proving ground.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

... that is my dream to have this be a success, but I really do not see that being the case. I never was a good salesman.. But I have worked as many as three jobs at a time so I am use to long days...maybe I'll get lucky and find the right itmes to sell :)

The niche you have chosen may not be the easiest one to break into, but I believe that the keys to success in almost any retail category are:

• Patience & Persistence
  • Effective marketing
  • Excellent customer service
  • Quality products
  • Efficient business operation (expenses, time, handling, etc.)

Master these and I think anyone can achieve some fashion of success. (of course, success is entirely relative to your goals)

From your other posts, I think you have the 1'st and 3rd keys already. Like almost everyone, you are having to experiment and learn your way through the second one. Only you can judge about the 4th and 5th keys.

If you hang in there and give it your best, I think you'll make it. :thumbsup:

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

Thanks Jenny and Mike, I am trying like heck everyway I can, but products, I try to find the best quality I can at the best price, need to find a way too get more startup money I think, dropship is nice but narrow's your choices, at least for me....

Jenny, sorry, did not mean to hi-jack your post....

Thanks Jenny and Mike, I am trying like heck everyway I can, but products, I try to find the best quality I can at the best price, need to find a way too get more startup money I think, dropship is nice but narrow's your choices, at least for me....

Jenny, sorry, did not mean to hi-jack your post....

Hi again Poorman, its ok...it just keeps this tread fresh :D

This method really depends on the type of product. Buyers on ebay are expecting to pay substantially less than retail as a rule. So if setting up a shop to sell at or near retail ebay might not be such an accurate proving ground.

The above mentioned tip was not meant as a price gauge, but rather as a metode of finding out if the products you have for offer are attractive and tempting products for online buyers.

Hey Yee All.....

Any of you cyberkids have anything more to add about offline encounters??????

Mine is still going strong both professionally and personally... :D

Nope, never met anyone from the forum or from another cyberplace.

Got drinks offered for helping people here though.

But most aren't even from my country :)

I doubt there's anyone here that lives close to me (possibly not even in my province) Seen from the viewpoint of most people (in the Netherlands) I live in the middle of nowhere I think.

I don't think I'd really want to meet anyone. Hear to many horror stories. I'm glad to hear it can be a fairytale too though :)

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

3 tips for better forum searching

Want to post? Read this first:

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Right syntax to use near '-20, 20'

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

Nope, never met anyone from the forum or from another cyberplace.

Got drinks offered for helping people here though.

But most aren't even from my country :)

I doubt there's anyone here that lives close to me (possibly not even in my province) Seen from the viewpoint of most people (in the Netherlands) I live in the middle of nowhere I think.

I don't think I'd really want to meet anyone. Hear to many horror stories. I'm glad to hear it can be a fairytale too though :)

I will send u a pm next time in am in the Nederlands... :lol:

My expirience is good, but i have only meet one person as of yet..so its not to much of a base to make any final judgements.... :D :lol: :D

But if more of you folks out there can provide feedback...it would be greate... :thumbsup:

Well, let's see. I met my wife off of Yahoo chat, although it turns out we worked at the same company and she'd been eyeing me. I didn't know that though when I contacted her, so we basically met online.

I've also met a few others in real life after talking online, and had good results.

argh sorry all, posted in the wrong topic, dunno how i managed that?

How you managed to do just that i can not say, from your comment i guess you wanted to post it in the highly amusing sparingfight between Chemo and Butterfly Princess in the now deleted "what is considered bumping" tread. :D :lol: :D

I have recently meet up with one boy from this forum, and now we are quite close..... :blush:

I'm jealous. :ph34r: But since you're off the market, it's probably just as well that I continue seeking a human female rather than a fuzzy rodent... And how is the mixed-species thing working out for you?

Just playing... :P

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

I'm jealous. :ph34r: But since you're off the market, it's probably just as well that I continue seeking a human female rather than a fuzzy rodent... And how is the mixed-species thing working out for you?

Just playing... :P

Since he also is a fuzzy animal its actually working out quite splendidly.... :D :lol: :D

Since he also is a fuzzy animal its actually working out quite splendidly.... :D  :lol:  :D

Oh stop, you're killing me. But do you think if I stopped shaving there could still be a chance for us? I've got bunches of tasty daffodils growing in my back yard... :* :blush:

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Oh stop, you're killing me. But do you think if I stopped shaving there could still be a chance for us? I've got bunches of tasty daffodils growing in my back yard...  :*  :blush:

Well, well flowers and more hair growth, woooooowwwwwww, you are really trying to wooe me in a serious way.... :D :lol: :D

Archived