• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up for MP3 downloads

Paul S

apologies if this is in the wrong section or if this problem has been answered elsewhere. i have done searches on this forum for a solution but with no luck. if you do know a thread that may be useful to me please post it up.

I've got my shop working but for the mp3 downloads the link will not appear. i understand this should come up in the my account section after the purchase but it doesnt. i have the nochex contribution installed.

are there any simple things i should be checking first? im really stuck for what to check. i do know a bit of php so if i need to go adjusting things in there that isnt a problem.

if you need more info from me to help me solve this please let me know and i'll post it up.

First you need to enable 'Downloads' under Configuration in your osCommerce 'admin' panel. Then, when you add a downloadable product to the catalog you must select the 'download' Product Attribute. Downloadable products should be added to the catalog with Weight set to zero.

Vger

thanks for the reply vger. i have enabled the downloads in the configuration. im not too sure how to set up the attributes though. do i need to set up a product option, option value and then a product attribute or can i just set up a product attribute on its' own?

i have the name of the mp3 in the filename field, do i need to include the whole path to the file in there as well?

ok i now have the link appearing in both the order confirmation stage and in the 'my account' section. however, when i click the link it appears to get the file and when it's finished i check the folder i downloaded to only to find the file is not there!!!

anyone ever seen this before and what may be going wrong?

ok iv'e found if i choose the *The WebMakers Corner FREE CHARGE CARD* as a payment option i do get the download link but obvisouly no payment is taken by doing this.

so i've put it back into test mode to put an order though and i dont get the links on any of the products.

also i tried it on another computer and using the free charge card the mp3 downloads and plays fine.

anyone got any ideas why when the payment goes through nochex the link is not provided?

OK i tried a fresh install with the nochex APC Payment Module installed and using the info from this thread http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...10entry440684

i hoped it would solve my problems, but it hasn't. Infact now i can't get the link to come up whatsoever!

Please does anyone have any suggestions?

Archived