• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing Contact Us Page

niceshirt

I would like to add some text regarding my company phone number and address to my Contact Us page. I was planning to place it between the current Contact Us heading and the e-mail entry form. The Returns, Privacy and Conditions pages all had TEXT_INFORMATION lines that I edited. I was directed to these files in INCLUDES/LANGUAGES/ENGLISH by previous forum assistance. The Contact_Us.php file does not have a similar TEXT_INFORMATION line. What do I need to do.

I am very thankful for all the help I have received as I am a beginner and novice editor. Thanks in advance.

I would like to add some text regarding my company phone number and address to my Contact Us page.  I was planning to place it between the current Contact Us heading and the e-mail entry form.  The Returns, Privacy and Conditions pages all had TEXT_INFORMATION lines that I edited.  I was directed to these files in INCLUDES/LANGUAGES/ENGLISH  by previous forum assistance.  The Contact_Us.php file does not have a similar TEXT_INFORMATION line.  What do I need to do.

I am very thankful for all the help I have received as I am a beginner and novice editor.  Thanks in advance.

you could add in your language files:

define('CONTACT_US_TEXT','this is my text');

then in the contact_us.php wherever you like :

<?php echo CONTACT_US_TEXT ?>

Treasurer MFC

Thank you for the information. I have added the code as per your directions and as you can see from the below link the text is showing up at the top left on the banner. How do I move this to above the form?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your tip. In my contact_us.php file I entered your suggestion right below the NAVBAR line as follows.

define('NAVBAR_TITLE','Contact Us');

<?php echo CONTACT_US_TEXT?>

I received this message on the Contact Us page : Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<'in /web/www.da-define('HEADING_TITLE','Contact Us');

I also inserted the following to my english.php file.

define('CONTACT_US_TEXT','Please contact us....');

Any suggestions?

Jay - there are two contact_us files. One in the root directory and one in the english directory. The define('NAVBAR_TITLE','Contact Us'); statement is in the english directory but the <?php echo CONTACT_US_TEXT?> statement goes in the file in your root directory. You have them in the same file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack you were right, I had my files messed up. I have been studying the privacy file which works properly to determine at what line to edit the contact file. Line 56 of the privacy file is <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?></td>. In the contact file it looks to me like I would insert this at line 70. Is this correct and do I need the <td class="main"> or do I just start with the <?php. Thanks to everyone who has helped me. I believe it is close to working.

Thanks Jack you were right, I had my files messed up. I have been studying the privacy file which works properly to determine at what line to edit the contact file.  Line 56 of the privacy file is <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?></td>.  In the contact file it looks to me like I would insert this at line 70. Is this correct and do I need the <td class="main"> or do I just start with the <?php.  Thanks to everyone who has helped me.  I believe it is close to working.

My shop is way different from yours so those numbers mean nothing to me. You will need to post code or at least me more specific.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived