• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All Easy Populate problems solved!

jbrolin

Hi!

I had great troubles with the easy populate contribution when transfering our site to a new server - the upload did not work and gave no error messages. I read many threads without getting any answers... however I solved the issues, and thought I wanted to share it.

1. Many people had problems with the temp directory which often on a shared server got assiged wrong - this was my first issue which I solved with adding $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] before each $tempdir.

this will give the correct root path on a shared server i.e. /usr/local/apache/www/catalog/temp/

2. The next and biggest problem I had lies in the server I use had "Register globals off" which caused form post and other variables to come back empty.

Since my host don't allow register globals to be turned on - this is common on all new PHP versions (PHP 4.2.0 and later). I solved this by adding a couple of lines at the top of easypopulate.php, after the $tempdir declarations:

// fix by jb 20040815 set the strings to http post/request, since they don't seem to work on the new server, with register globals=off...

$dltype=$_REQUEST['dltype'];

$download=$_REQUEST['download'];

global $HTTP_POST_FILES;

foreach( $HTTP_POST_FILES as $varname => $fileinfo ){

$GLOBALS[$varname] = $fileinfo["tmp_name"];

$GLOBALS[$varname.'_name'] = $fileinfo["name"];

}

// end fix jb

I hope this will give some people a few days less work on how to get EasyPopulate to work!

Regards Jonas

• 4 months later...

I have this same problem:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpkj6N2c

User filename: EP2004Dec24-0909.txt

Size: 3189

with no import of data.

Does anybody know how I can fix it?

Ricky

Hi!

I had great troubles with the easy populate contribution when transfering our site to a new server - the upload did not work and gave no error messages. I read many threads without getting any answers... however I solved the issues, and thought I wanted to share it.

1. Many people had problems with the temp directory which often on a shared server got assiged wrong - this was my first issue which I solved with adding $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] before each $tempdir.

this will give the correct root path on a shared server i.e. /usr/local/apache/www/catalog/temp/ 

2. The next and biggest problem I had lies in the server I use had "Register globals off" which caused form post and other variables to come back empty.

Since my host don't allow register globals to be turned on - this is common on all new PHP versions (PHP 4.2.0 and later). I solved this by adding a couple of lines at the top of easypopulate.php, after the $tempdir declarations:

// fix by jb 20040815 set the strings to http post/request, since they don't seem to work on the new server, with register globals=off...

global $HTTP_POST_FILES;

}

// end fix jb

I hope this will give some people a few days less work on how to get EasyPopulate to work!

Regards Jonas

• 1 month later...

I'm having the problem that only one product will be updated. Also when i use the same downloadlist? What's wrong could it be PHP version5?? This is what easy populate does with an upload of a file which is exactly the same as the download.

EasyPopulate 2.71-MS2 en : English(1) 

File uploaded. 
Termporary filename: /home/tmp/php0oxyPd
User filename: EP2005Feb28-2210.txt
Size: 79881
| MG200MMS | matrox/mg2 | Matrox G20 | Reinforcin | www.matrox | Matrox G20 | Unterst?tz | www.matrox | Matrox G20 | Reinforci | www.matro | 299.9907 | 23.00 | 0000-00-00 | 0000-00-00 | 32 | 1 | Color | Farbe | Color | 2 | Size | Gr??e | Talla | 3 | Model | Modell | Modelo | 5 | | Value | Value Ausg | Value | 6 | | Premium | Premium Au | Premium | 7 | | Deluxe | Deluxe Aus | Deluxe | 8 | | PS/2 | PS/2 Ansch | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | USB Anschl | USB | 4 | Memory | Speicher | Memoria | 1 | +0.0000 | 4 mb | 4 MB | 4 mb | 2 | +500.0000 | 8 mb | 8 MB | 8 mb | 3 | +700.0000 | 16 mb | 16 MB | 16 mb | 4 | | 32 mb | 32 MB | 32 mb | 5 | Version | Version | Version | 10 | | Download: | Download: | Download: | 13 | | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | Matrox | Hardware | Graphics C | | Taxable Go | Active Updated
| MG400-32M | MSIMPRO m | DVD-RPMK | DVD-BLDRN | DVD-MATR | DVD-YGEM | DVD-ABUG | DVD-UNSG | DVD-UNSG2 | DVD-FDBL | DVD-DHWV | DVD-LTWP | DVD-REDC | DVD-FRAN | DVD-CUFI | DVD-SPEED | DVD-SPEED | DVD-TSAB | DVD-BELOV | PC-SWAT3 | PC-UNTM g | PC-TWOF g | PC-DISC g | MSINTKB m | MSIMEXP m | HPLJ1100X |

Can anybody help me don't understand it at all

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Thank you thank you thank you! You're my hero :lol: Exactly what I needed!

Janet

• 2 years later...

global $HTTP_POST_FILES;

}

// end fix jb

Thanks this helped me. I appreicate you posting this.