osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 Released
We are proud to announce an advancement of the osCommerce 2.2 release cycle with a new release titled osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 1. This is primarily a bug fix release for the 2.2 series and will be the last release made before the 2.2 release series is finalized. We are currently in the process of certifying the payment modules included in this release which will be the only change for the final osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 release planned in the coming weeks.
No major features have been introduced with this release candidate as our development efforts are focused on our upcoming 3.0 release, but does include the following changes:
* Over 25 bug fixes and improvements
* register_globals compatibility for PHP 4.3+ servers
* Visa PCI conformance of accepting credit card information on the checkout confirmation page
* Public titles for payment modules so the name of the payment service provider is not used as a payment method
* Maximum number of product quantities that can be added to the shopping cart (by default 99)
* New login routine for the Administration Tool
* New summary modules to display on the Administration Tool index page
* New web-based installation routine (backported from 3.0)
This release candidate also introduces a new name for the solution titled "osCommerce Online Merchant" that strengthens our presence and marketing efforts for our upcoming releases.
osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 1 can be downloaded here:
https://www.oscommerce.com/redirect.php/go,41 (hosted at Sunsite.dk)
An upgrade guide for existing osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 060817 installations can be found here:
This announcement can be discussed on the community support forums at:
We wish you the best of fun with this release and look forward to your feedback!