osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2 Released
We are proud to announce an advancement of the osCommerce 2.2 release series with the new osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2 release. This second release candidate addresses issues introduced in the previous release candidate release and addresses longer termed issues from 2.2 Milestone 2.
15th January 2008 by Harald Ponce de Leon
No major features have been introduced with this release candidate as our development efforts are focused on our upcoming 3.0 release, but does include the following changes:
- Over 15 bug fixes and improvements.
- Improved register_globals compatibility layer for PHP 4.3+ servers.
- New and updated payment modules that include PayPal Express Checkout, PayPal Direct Payments, PayPal Website Payments Standard, Authorize.net AIM and SIM, WorldPay, and more.
- Introduce the ability for payment modules to show checkout buttons on the shopping cart page.
- Introduce the ability for order shipping and billing addresses to be defined from an external source (ie, payment method).
- Introduce a public status flag on order status levels to show or hide orders from customers depending on the order status level.
- Introduce a download flag on order status levels to allow customers to download virtual products at specific order status levels.
- Introduce version signature strings to payment modules that link to the add-ons site for easier version tracking.
osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2 can be downloaded here:
An upgrade guide for existing osCommerce 2.2 Release Candidate 1 installations can be found here:
This announcement can be discussed on the community support forums at:
We wish you the best of fun with this release and look forward to your feedback!